WTF why the useless interface changes?

Options
I am tired of the unecessary and counter intuitive updates to this interface. Maybe your IT people have too much time on their hands and need to justify their existence on your payroll by this kind of crap. Keep it up and I will cancel my subscription and move onto another more stable app. You are not the only app for this kind of stuff.

Replies

• trulyhealy
    trulyhealy Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    danchure wrote: »
    I am tired of the unecessary and counter intuitive updates to this interface. Maybe your IT people have too much time on their hands and need to justify their existence on your payroll by this kind of crap. Keep it up and I will cancel my subscription and move onto another more stable app. You are not the only app for this kind of stuff.

it’s a free app
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    trulyhealy wrote: »
    danchure wrote: »

it’s a free app

If you are on the website and hover over the "member" under OP's name, you will see "Premium" pop up. He has paid for the app.

OP, I agree with @WinoGelato, this isn't likely the best forum for your thoughts to be received by the staff. Being more specific about what you are finding irritating would be helpful, as well.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I'm on premium and never have an issue with it.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Ha! I think I have just figured something out that has had me a little curious for a while.

@LyndaBSS after your name it doesn’t say ‘member’ like it does for just about everyone else except moderators, and I’ve wondered why. (I’ve seen this before just you were the most recent)

Scrolling back to @danchure, he doesn’t have ‘member’ after his name either.

Conclusion, premium membership does not get ‘member’

Anyone know if I have jumped to the correct conclusion?

Cheers, h.
  • LyndaBSS
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Interesting, I never would have noticed that. Weird, though. I mean, I'm still a member. 😞
  • middlehaitch
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Interesting, I never would have noticed that. Weird, though. I mean, I'm still a member. 😞

Your an incognito, extra special member that needs no announcements. B)

Cheers, h.
  • LyndaBSS
    Options
    Awwwww shucks 😌
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,986 Member
    Options
    Ha! I think I have just figured something out that has had me a little curious for a while.

@LyndaBSS after your name it doesn’t say ‘member’ like it does for just about everyone else except moderators, and I’ve wondered why. (I’ve seen this before just you were the most recent)

Scrolling back to @danchure, he doesn’t have ‘member’ after his name either.

Conclusion, premium membership does not get ‘member’

Anyone know if I have jumped to the correct conclusion?

Cheers, h.

You must be using the app. On the website, they both have "member" after their name and number of posts, and if you hover over "member" you see "premium."
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    On the app on iPad, you all show member
  • middlehaitch
    Options
    I’m on the website on an iPhone. Weird I know, but I hate doing the forums on the app.

Cheers, h.
  • lynn_glenmont
    Options
    I’m on the website on an iPhone. Weird I know, but I hate doing the forums on the app.

Cheers, h.

It's likely the mobile website, then. I'm using the regular website.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,690 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Web. Member all. No mouse-overs to say premium.

See... the IT people have too much little time on their hands! 'cause otherwise they would want everyone to have the same "experience".
  • middlehaitch
    Options
    Need a snigger button @pav8888.

By the way where are you getting fish chips and mushy peas?
    This could seriously call for dinner together.

Posted from the iPhone app (ugh) where @LyndaBSS is still a special woman in my world. B)

Cheers, h.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,690 Member
    Options

Posted from the iPhone app (ugh) where @LyndaBSS is still a special woman in my world. B)

Cheers, h.

You know... I am a kitten! I was out in Victoria on the 27th and 28th and I didn't even try to get together!!!

New West location of http://cockneykings.ca/ not only top in Burnaby & New West but also top in metro Vancouver :wink: https://vancouversun.com/life/food/local-food-reviews/metro-vancouvers-best-fish-and-chips-and-the-winner-is

... and I am definitely inviting you there for lunch, or dinner... as long as I'm allowed to have an ale instead of wine! :blush: <easily accessible by Skytrain too as they are a 5 minute walk from the New West station>

pm-ing you :wink:
  • lynn_glenmont
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »

Cheers, h.

You know... I am a kitten! I was out in Victoria on the 27th and 28th and I didn't even try to get together!!!

New West location of http://cockneykings.ca/ not only top in Burnaby & New West but also top in metro Vancouver :wink: https://vancouversun.com/life/food/local-food-reviews/metro-vancouvers-best-fish-and-chips-and-the-winner-is

... and I am definitely inviting you there for lunch, or dinner... as long as I'm allowed to have an ale instead of wine! :blush: <easily accessible by Skytrain too as they are a 5 minute walk from the New West station>

pm-ing you :wink:

I have long suspected that your avatar was hiding a fluffy Persian.
  • middlehaitch
    Options
    Ach, not to worry @PAV8888, I was having a wild weekend in Kelowna when you were in Victoria.
    I know the Cockney Kings, Burnaby, well. We used to get takeout there all the time when the kids lived and worked in that neighbourhood.

I now visiting them in PoMo, so driving.
    Easy to get to the New West CK from their place though.
    No wine or beer for me as I’m too light weight to even sniff a cork or tap then drive. :'(

No PM, not important, just to let you know they are very strange and not delivering often.

You can always- as above, opposite of cold woman (or cold post if you remember I’m from the UK) most common end- me. B)

Cheers, h.
    I think you may be more a sleek Siamese.
    Please don’t be a fluffy Persian, I’m sick of vacuuming up cat hair.