Thats one stubborn Moe

Options
pizzamyheart
pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
Ok, so I'm not really talking about people named Moe who are stubborn. I actually meant that as in "thats one stubborn Mofo", but figured that wouldn't get past THE MAN, who is also known as the mfp moderators, who incidentally, aren't all men. Do you know anyone who is super stubborn? Does your grandma insist that the only place to keep tissue is stuffed in the wristband of your watch? Does your brother insist that the only way to work out is to grunt like a grizzly bear in heat? Maybe someone who is super stubborn about one particular thing that you think is wrong? Perhaps they insist that drinking diet coke is better than water and nothing you say or do can change their mind. Do you know anyone who has made you think "thats one stubborn moe"?

Replies

• pizzamyheart
    Options
    perhaps I don't actually think of my children as stubborn mo's, (ok, so maybe I do sometimes)........ but........ my son, who has always eaten pb&j for his school lunches has decided that he no longer likes pb&j, and he will only eat snackfood. I can send a sandwich and fruit and a juice box but everything but the juicebox will come home. He eats waffles with pb&j all the time, but he REFUSES to have that as a lunch anymore and he won't eat anything else. Its driving me nucking futz because I am convinced I'll be getting a letter from the school cafeteria ladies telling me how bad a mom I am for only packing goldfish crackers, a rice krispie treat, a bag of doritos and a juice box. I understand that he gets it from me.....I may be somewhat stubborn....but not when it comes to food. GEEZ.
  • pizzamyheart
    Options
    I know someone who has hand sanitizer EVERYWHERE. In the car, every room of the house. He always uses the hand sanitizing wipes on the grocery cart handles. And guess who gets the cold when the kids go back to school? Not me. He does!!! I ask him why that is, and if maybe hand sanitizer isn't actually the be all end all of germs and sickness, but he REFUSES to believe that.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    My mil has gotten a decluttering bug lately. Despite telling her to not give her crap to us, we continually receive piles like this:

f1xmo4dhiewz.jpeg
  • pizzamyheart
    Options
    Dibs on the bolo tie
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I have a kid that refuses to put anything on pancakes. He eats them dry. No butter no syrup no Nutella no jam no yogurt NOTHING. He's probably a sociopath.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    My brother.

He never admits he’s wrong no matter what. He has some very extreme opinions on things. He’s an anarchist, has some extreme religious beliefs, etc but you can’t tell him anything because he’s always 100% right and no one else can ever be right about anything.

My mom is like this too.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,843 Member
    Options
    mmultanen wrote: »
    I have a kid that refuses to put anything on pancakes. He eats them dry. No butter no syrup no Nutella no jam no yogurt NOTHING. He's probably a sociopath.

:# That's how I prefer my pancakes.
  • _Miss_Chievous
    _Miss_Chievous Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    My mil has gotten a decluttering bug lately. Despite telling her to not give her crap to us, we continually receive piles like this:

f1xmo4dhiewz.jpeg

😂😂😂 dibs on the hat. 🤠
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    mmultanen wrote: »

:# That's how I prefer my pancakes.

I'm sure you'r not, but jury's still out on him.

But, if you are a card varying member of the sociopathic tribe, can I see proof of ID?
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »

f1xmo4dhiewz.jpeg

Looks like the beginnings of a cowboy Halloween costume that accidentally gets ruined or lost. Go thru her closets looking for more good stuff. It’ll boggle her mind!

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    My dad. Everything in his world has to be Just So, according to his idea of how he wants things arranged, even if it's a little offbeat. I do a lot of his grocery shopping for him now and almost every list has "3 bananas in varying degrees of ripeness" so that one is ready to eat today, one tomorrow, and one the next day. When he was in hospital he wanted me to bring in his nail scissors... he had two pairs, one sharper than the other. I brought in a pair and of course they were the dull pair. Brought in the other ones, and naturally the first ones were sharper. :s Eventually he demanded a sharpening stone to sharpen them, which he never did use.

My SO is almost as stubborn, in his own way. He'll say stupid *kitten* that is incorrect (like "fat turns into muscle") so I'll send him a link with accurate info, and he gets mad. "Why do you always have to prove me wrong?" Ummm, because I don't want you believing stupid *kitten*?