Finally I am thinking ahead...

Options
Okay, probably something you all have been doing for a while,I thought ahead about portion size and my remaining calories for the day before eating. It seems like a no brainer, but I usually tally calories up after I have eaten. Often that causes me to eat more than my calorie goal!!! I’m learning.

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I fill out my food diary a few days in advance. Otherwise, I'd finish breakfast and have nothing left for the day. 😆

This is one of those times when doing the math ahead of time is worth it. It's so nice to wake up in the morning and not have to worry about what my meals are going to be.

• montyeva1114
    montyeva1114 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I’m working on doing that! Good job. You must be very successful at losing weight.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I've been happy so far. I've got another 40 pounds to go. ☺

Good luck!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    my coffee and creamer are my breakfast every day.

then i figure out what im having for dinner and log it. usually i have that figured out the day before, and it doesnt usually change (but sometimes it does)

then i figure out the rest of the day.

usually i dont log days in advance, but sometimes i will. what sounds good for dinner on wendesday on monday doesnt usually sound as good by the time wednesday comes around, for me at least LOL
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    For weekdays, I have a general plan for how many calories each meal will be, which makes logging and pre-logging very simple. My weekday breakfast is around 250 calories (always the same, lunch is 400-600 calories (planned and cooked on Sundays), snack is 200-400 calories (a number of options to choose from), dessert is 300-400 calories (I log this early to make sure I save room) , and then dinner is whatever calories are left over. With these general amounts in mind, I can plan my lunches for the week and create the recipe in the MFP recipe builder on Sunday. Breakfasts are saved as a meal. Snacks and desserts are quick and easy to log. The only wildcard is dinner, which I try to make my biggest meal of the day (600-1000 calories).