So I weigh myself tomorrow...

Options
Three weeks I’ve been logging in my food, staying under 1500 calories except 2 days where I had 1600. I’ve exercised 30 minutes to 70 minutes 6 days a week. I’ll be honest, regardless of all everyone has told me about being patient about losing, I really hope the scale shows at least one more pound of weight loss. So far I’ve lost 2 lbs. yet there have been scale days where I have gone back up in weight. Aaaaah, why do I give the scale so much power? Well....I’ll check in tomorrow and let anybody who reads this whether the scale shows a change!

Replies

• estepicursor
    estepicursor Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Fingers crossed for you!! Whatever the scale shows, keep at it!!!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    The scale is a data point in your weight loss journey, not a measure of your self worth!
  • montyeva1114
    montyeva1114 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I’m working on not giving the scale any power over me. This one will take some time.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Just think of the scale as a tool in your arsenal. I have my scale set to sync with Health Mate, which then sends the data to mfp. I literally don't have to look at the scale if I don't want to. My weight will be logged anyway.

Of course, I do look, because I understand and accept that fluctuations and plateaus are a normal part of the process.