Hello And How Do I Request Friends?

Options
Can someone tell me how to request friends? Literally, I don't see a "friend me" button. To be honest, I'm a bit socially awkward (strike "a bit"), which translates to social media awkward. I'm not on Facebook and things like that, hoping someone more savvy will be kind enough to help me.

Besides that - Hello! I joined MFP about 3 months ago, but I'm new in the sense of newly dedicated to do this. I've got a story about why I'm not where I want to be physically and it goes like this...

At my best I was running 30 miles a week and wearing a size 4 (a 2 in Ted Baker, which is clearly the most accurate brand as far as sizes LOL). Then, my schedule changed drastically and I was struggling to figure out a new routine. Next, I was rear ended...real hard. Damage: $13,000 to the car, 4 bulging discs in my neck, two torn discs and a mild concussion. Feeling out of sorts and not being able to exercise probably accounts for a few lbs, but the rest was laying around, feeling sorry for myself and eating snacks. Delicious snacks! Let me take a moment to talk about how well Domino's Pizza has reinvented themselves. The pizza is outstanding and the app is easy to use...too easy!

Alright, that's behind me now. I have no excuses and the pity party has ended. I keep making the mistake of trying to go back to where I was before it went downhill. That has not worked. I'm focused on building new habits and a new routine that will serve my life now.

About me in general - I turned 40 this year! I'm married, we live by the beach and have the cutest dog ever. I am a corporate marketer by day, a beach bum and independent author by night. I'm a private person by nature. The kind of person who rarely goes to parties and when I do, I choose one seat and talk only to people who are polite enough to sit by me for a while as they make their rounds. But I'm opening up here (biting nails and pacing) because I think it will help me stay accountable.

Thank you for reading! I hope we can be friends (if I learn how to request friends)
:) Sam

Replies

• Johnk942
    Johnk942 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi Sam. I am sorry about the car crash. I have experienced a bulging disc (L-5) It's no fun. I am sending you a friend request to get you started, but you can click on a person's profile. Then you will see a place to "add friend." Best wishes on your journey!
  • estepicursor
    estepicursor Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Hello. There appears to be a few ways to add friends—although I’m just figuring that out too so don’t hold it against me for giving you faulty advice. If you are using the app, you can click the “more” button on the bottom right hand side, then “add friends” which I believe allows you to add friends from your phone contacts (and or Facebook) who happen to be on this site. Otherwise, if you want to add someone you already see on here—you can do that by clicking on their profile picture twice until you see a small silhouette to the right and bottom of their picture with a “+” by it. Click that and it will send a request to that person. Hope this helps.
  • layla_beach
    layla_beach Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im very private too! No social media for me. For me to put my picture on here was enough. But I thought “well I like seeing others peoples pics, so I need to not be a blank picture myself!” Lol! I also love polite people!!!!
  • aracely2224
    aracely2224 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Hi! MFP has helped me achieve my goals with the calorie count. I’m cheering for you!

You can do it! 🌺 Best of Luck
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    Hi Sam,

That crash - yikes! Glad you are healing and ready to move forward.

MFP is the only program that has worked for me and I have tried many. I believe that 98 per cent of it is the friend factor. I feel lucky to have found such supporting, caring pals. They are amazing!

I use the website as opposed to the app. You can click on peoples picture right here in this post, or really anywhere on MFP to add people. You click, then click their pic again after a small screen comes up and it will take you to their home page. From there, you can send them a message or click on Add as Friend. HTH

Sending you a friend request.

Wishing you success. :)