Big Wheel

Options
I have an adult sized big wheel. I use it for exercise. You can see what they look like at www.highrollerusa.com. How do I figure out how many calories it burns? I picked the random number of 100 today because they wouldn’t let me leave it blank.

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Probably just using the cycling entries under cardio will give you a number to start working with.

Nice ride :)

Cheers, h.
  • spinnerdell
    spinnerdell Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Googled it and now I have Big Wheel envy. Middlehaitch has excellent advice, as always. Enjoy!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Options
    If you really wanted an accurate number a power meter would be the way to go but you could easily spend more than what the bike cost so that might not be a practical solution :)

If you wanted a reasonable estimate perhaps consider something along the line of a Garmin GPS watch / HRM which would track distance traveled, speed and HR (even though HR by itself does not correlate with calories expended). Personally I found that my Garmin estimated high compared to when I started power based training.

A commonly used estimate is 100 cal per 5km (3.1 miles) which is probably close enough.

Those look like fun!