Sauna- Does it increase weightloss?

Options
I was wondering what others think about using sauna to to lose weight. Of course, I will continue to do my regular daily workout, but I was wondering if using the sauna will increase weight loss by burning the fat. Does anyone else use the sauna on a regular basis and has it been helpful? Thanks for your input.

Replies

• cjstrong
    cjstrong Posts: 54
    Options
    Nah it wont increase weightloss. If anything youll burn a few more calories just by your body being all hot but nothing youll notice.
    You may lose initial water weight due to sweating a lot but once you drink a cup of water its all back.

Go there if you like the feel but dont use it as a method of weight loss. Wont work
  • Giantess
    Giantess Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Yep, what CJ said. It's really just for feeling nice while sitting in.
  • farmingfool
    Options
    You will cause your body to dehydrate and may notice a slight loss on the scale due to the water loss but it will only be temporary.
  • CatMauro
    CatMauro Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    It's a great place to go after your workout to relax and do some stretching.
  • LillysGranny
    Options
    You will experience a temporary weight loss from sweating, but as soon as you re-hydrate the weight will be back. Still, many people find the sauna relaxing and sweating is supposed to help release toxins....of course if you're working out you should already be sweating!
  • Dustinryan24
    Dustinryan24 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    a sauna opens your pores.. i heard if you dont sweat when you workout, then hit the sauna for 10-15 minutes.. the next time you workout, you will sweat like a maniac.. its good for your body to sweat all the garbage out of your body
  • Getting_Fit_4_Life
    Getting_Fit_4_Life Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your response everyone. I will continue to hit my treadmill 5-6 times a week as usual, but I will be using the sauna as a way to relax the muscles and remove toxins from the body.
  • cjstrong
    cjstrong Posts: 54
    Options
    I like to sit in there for 10-15 minutes just to relax. But at my local gym its pretty gross lol. Sweat everywhere
  • mkupartist
    mkupartist Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I know people that have had great success using the sauna to keep their skin clear. When they workout, there's lots of bacterias on the skin that could sneak into the pores. They go in the sauna to open them back up and then shower right after. It has completely cleared their skin up of breakouts even though they are exercising harder.