Workout Apps

Options
Has anyone had any success with those 7 minute high intensity workout apps? I’ve currently started using “Workout Women” and am wondering if I should continue?

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    What kind of success are you looking for? 7 min workout will give you 7 min worth of benefit, which isn’t much. There’s a reason a lot of people work out 30-60 min. 7 min is barely a warm up for me.

OTOH, 7 min is better than 0.
  • neyagoal
    neyagoal Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    When I just started I used 7 min workout and I can tell you, it was a killer for fat blasting(you could extend time of a circuit or repeat it).. Honestly, I loved it and definitely helped me to get in shape,as it has different modules for arms, legs, core and whole body workout.. Downside s that over time it get pretty boring but to be fair it's good Hiit workout to do from time to time that delivers results and you can always make it more challenging by alternating time or repetition...by my opinion it's more a supplement, a bonus rather then only type of routine to do if ur goal s burn fat and lose weight
  • _liaa
    _liaa Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    @neyagoal Yep definitely using it as an addition to proper cardio and weight training. Glad it has helped you!
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I used to use Kayla Itsines' BBG app. That has four rounds of seven minutes for each workout with three workouts per week. I thought it was great but it depends on your goals.
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    The Nike Training Club (NTC)app is really good. There are a variety of workouts with or without equipment that can be done at home or in the gym.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    What kind of success are you looking for? 7 min workout will give you 7 min worth of benefit, which isn’t much. There’s a reason a lot of people work out 30-60 min. 7 min is barely a warm up for me.

OTOH, 7 min is better than 0.

I think this is some VERY IMPORTANT context.

Anything is better than nothing. How much better can vary greatly.