Rosemary Shrimp Scampi Skewers (Cooking Light)

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
Rosemary Shrimp Scampi Skewers

Threading olive oil-marinated shrimp on rosemary-branch skewers imparts a subtle herb flavor to the dish and a fantastic scent to your table. Rosemary has a long history of being associated with the heart. It has been believed by many to be a love charm, by others to be a token of remembrance and fidelity, and by some to be a potent aphrodisiac. Bamboo skewers also work quite well. Serve with steamed haricots verts.

1 tablespoon dry white wine
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
18 large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 3/4 pound)
6 (6-inch) rosemary sprigs
Cooking spray
Lemon wedges (optional)

Combine first 6 ingredients in a zip-top plastic bag. Add shrimp to bag; seal and shake to coat. Marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, turning bag occasionally.

Working with 1 rosemary sprig at a time, hold leafy end of sprig in 1 hand. Strip leaves off sprig with other hand, leaving 1/2 inch of leaves attached to leafy end of sprig. Repeat procedure with remaining rosemary sprigs to make 6 rosemary skewers. Thread 3 shrimp onto each rosemary skewer.

Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat both sides of shrimp skewers with cooking spray. Arrange 3 skewers on pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until shrimp are done. Remove from pan; keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining skewers. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.

Yield: 2 servings (serving size: 3 skewers)

CALORIES 208 (23% from fat); FAT 5.2g (sat 0.9g,mono 2.1g,poly 1.4g); IRON 4.2mg; CHOLESTEROL 259mg; CALCIUM 93mg; CARBOHYDRATE 2.4g; SODIUM 400mg; PROTEIN 34.7g; FIBER 0.1g

Cooking Light, JANUARY 2006

shrimp-scampi-ck-1142026-l.jpg

Replies

• TamTastic
    Options
    Rosemary Shrimp Scampi Skewers

Threading olive oil-marinated shrimp on rosemary-branch skewers imparts a subtle herb flavor to the dish and a fantastic scent to your table. Rosemary has a long history of being associated with the heart. It has been believed by many to be a love charm, by others to be a token of remembrance and fidelity, and by some to be a potent aphrodisiac. Bamboo skewers also work quite well. Serve with steamed haricots verts.

1 tablespoon dry white wine
    1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
    1 teaspoon olive oil
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1 garlic clove, minced
    18 large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 3/4 pound)
    6 (6-inch) rosemary sprigs
    Cooking spray
    Lemon wedges (optional)

Combine first 6 ingredients in a zip-top plastic bag. Add shrimp to bag; seal and shake to coat. Marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, turning bag occasionally.

Working with 1 rosemary sprig at a time, hold leafy end of sprig in 1 hand. Strip leaves off sprig with other hand, leaving 1/2 inch of leaves attached to leafy end of sprig. Repeat procedure with remaining rosemary sprigs to make 6 rosemary skewers. Thread 3 shrimp onto each rosemary skewer.

Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat both sides of shrimp skewers with cooking spray. Arrange 3 skewers on pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until shrimp are done. Remove from pan; keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining skewers. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.

Yield: 2 servings (serving size: 3 skewers)

CALORIES 208 (23% from fat); FAT 5.2g (sat 0.9g,mono 2.1g,poly 1.4g); IRON 4.2mg; CHOLESTEROL 259mg; CALCIUM 93mg; CARBOHYDRATE 2.4g; SODIUM 400mg; PROTEIN 34.7g; FIBER 0.1g

Cooking Light, JANUARY 2006

shrimp-scampi-ck-1142026-l.jpg
  • uwhuskygirl
    Options
    Oh my gosh, TamTastic, I joined a month after you did and I haven't been on here much lately, but I just clicked on this delicious sounding reciepie and up popped your picture.

You look FANTASTIC!

Keep up the good work!

:drinker:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Oh my gosh, TamTastic, I joined a month after you did and I haven't been on here much lately, but I just clicked on this delicious sounding reciepie and up popped your picture.

You look FANTASTIC!

Keep up the good work!

:drinker:
    Thank you so much!!!!! :happy: :flowerforyou: