People with chronic illness that have difficulty being as active as they wish they could be

Options
I have lupus sle and lupus necrosis and on my good days try to achieve mini goals towards my big goals. If you are in a similar situation and would like a supportive friend that understands how huge a deal it is for you to achieve the little goals I’d love to be friends to keep each other motivated and inspired

Replies

• Juliettemarie11
    Juliettemarie11 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello! We should definitely talk because I also have a autoimmune disease that's very rare and changed my life. Feel free to message me or add me!
  • Evil_Queen43
    Evil_Queen43 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have osteoarthritis in my hips, knee and ankles so I struggle with a lot of exercise. I used to love swimming but the council shut down the only decent pool near me which I could use daily for free and I can't afford the private one which is miles away anyway. I still do a lot of walking but it leaves me in a lot of pain which isn't good when I have an 8 year old to deal with.
  • Juliettemarie11
    Juliettemarie11 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow I am very sorry to hear that :( have you tried going to Physical therapy? Or have you tried natural products for pain? Soaking in a Epson salt (there are specific ones for pain) may help but I'm not sure. Doctors cannot find something to help pain?
  • Evil_Queen43
    Evil_Queen43 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I use CBD oil, Emu balm, Epsom salts though I can only soak my feet in a bucket as my flat only has a shower not a bath. Aside from that all I get is painkillers from my GP and a sheet of ankle exercises from a Physio after I had surgery earlier this year. Surgery on my ankle didn't help but I am too young for replacements.
  • leemckernan143
    leemckernan143 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have very limited mobility due to auto immune diseases. It's so hard to lose weight when you can't exercise. I'm thinking about trying water therapy, but I'm afraid it will increase my pain. Catch 22. You're right about having mini goals. I'm proud when I've emptied the dishwasher or done a load of laundry. Looking at the big picture is overwhelming. We need to be happy with baby steps!
  • lizziebeefree
    lizziebeefree Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’m new to MFP and have Lupus among other autoimmune and chronic pain issues. Would be happy to talk!
  • mprogan
    mprogan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ladies, I have chronic pain due to osteoarthritis and many other conditions. I have found that at least one salad a day with lots of olive oil helps along with Innoflex Ultra Strength Joint Formula supplement that you can obtain from any good vitamin shop. You put in water, let set at least 5 mins. before you drink it. The stuff is not that great tasting, but is well worth the effort. You need to do so for at least several weeks to get the full benefit. Good luck and I hope it helps you.
  • sarahthepixie
    sarahthepixie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    im in the same boat with wanting to be active but having a chronic injury. I have chronic plantar fasciitis, injury to the bottom of my foot. its been over a year now and iv almost tried everything, insole, naproxen 500mg, physio, new shoes and most recently a steroid injection in my foot.

I am turning 29 this year and am terribly upset at the idea of being overweight, inactive and noway near my animal care oh and currently jobless. I used to love being outdoors in nature but now im cooped up most of the time as i cant get far when walking and sick of the pain. going crazy like this!!!
  • AprilMLowe
    AprilMLowe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I have chronic osteoarthritis in both knees, neck and back degenerative disc disease. I use Tumeric 2x day and CBD Bath Bombs. I also eat marijuana for pain. I found less pain after losing all my added weight. I do have steroid injections and physical therapy water and land. I take arthritis medication Voltaren pills and cream diclofenac . I wish everyone the best of luck with all your pain issues. Anybody feel free to send me a friend request.
  • micheharris
    micheharris Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have lupus sle and lupus necrosis and on my good days try to achieve mini goals towards my big goals. If you are in a similar situation and would like a supportive friend that understands how huge a deal it is for you to achieve the little goals I’d love to be friends to keep each other motivated and inspired

• CanadianBeth
    CanadianBeth Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I have arthritis, anxiety, and depression- all these make it difficult to exercise. My hubby dug out his old recumbent bike for me and I’m using that to get started with exercise! I need friends on here, so please add me 🙂. I’m glad I found this group!