I need help staying focus

Options
I had my 3rd baby last July. After my 6 weeks check up I weighed 151 I am down to 129. Yes I’ve lost 12 pounds but I feel like in the time period I should of lost so much more. I have a hard time at getting back on track after vacation, holidays etc. I need to find friends that will help me!! Please someone help!!

Replies

• msunat97
    msunat97 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I'm always looking for dedicated friends
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,464 Member
    Options
    ...I feel like in the time period I should of lost so much more...!

What I read in your post is that you are succeeding but your brain is telling you that its not good enough.

How’s your life been losing those 12lbs? If you’re still losing and satisfied with how you live, don’t mess with success. It’s a two part process, lose weight and live with it. Don’t let your brain wreck you over the time issue. If you get to your goal weight and stay there you’ll soon forget how long it took.

• MPDean
    MPDean Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    151 to 129 is 22 lbs. Unless there is some info missing.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    I read once that Heidi Klum (after having a baby). would have her mom take her photograph naked with a paper bag over her head..so she could just face up to what her body looked liked. She'd do that .. I think it said everyday..and she'd get the weight off quick, motivating herself with that visual. She makes me sick..so beautiful..and I think four or five kids?

Anyway..sounds like you'e doing great.. maybe put an event on the books like a trip with your hubby or a dress up affair that will keep you focused on your weight goal.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Have you really gone from 151 to 129 in 6 weeks? That is almost 4 lbs a week. That is WAY too fast of a rate of lost for almost everyone except the very obese.

Even if you lost 12 lbs in two weeks, that’s really too high for someone who is starting at 151. If you lost too fast, you will lose muscle along with the fat, and undereating can have grave side effects (after sustained undereating, you will incur hair loss, fatigue, poor skin/nail health at best. Heart failure at worst!)

You have to readjust your expectations. At 129, you should lose no more than 1 lb a week (MAYBE 1.25 lbs). 2 or more lbs a week is only an appropriate rate of loss for people who are starting off morbidly obese, and only at the very beginning of their weight loss journey.