Need some support/friends!

Options
I have been struggling with my weight since I had my daughter 12 years ago. I have fluctuated between 165 and 215 and am currently 200.2lbs.

I don't have any friends that are dieting and absolutely no one who understands anything close to binge eating, which I am queen of in the middle of the night. I need support from encouraging and positive people, I of course want to also give it in return.

I am a gay, 32 year old married mother of three. I am sooooo ready to lose this weight.

Replies

• Schwarzeaugen
    Schwarzeaugen Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Definitely understand midnight binge eating--feel free to add me :3
  • sarahlucydaynes26
    Options
    hiya :)
    add me xx
  • msmayor
    msmayor Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me....
  • girlypop
    girlypop Posts: 80
    Options
    OMG! I hate that I binge eat in the middle of the night. I used to stay up till like 3-4am and be eating at 2am. And the food you eat at that time is never like an apple or carrots. Very tough habit to break.... ANyway good luck, and i'm here to give/receive support.
  • nikkif87
    nikkif87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    It is very hard to diet on your own. This is the best place for support, everyone is super nice and always have nice things to say. Feel free to add me. Good luck!
  • getmehealthy
    Options
    My mantra is: Just keep swimming, just keep swimming. don't ever stop trying to get healthy. don't let your "friends" bring you down because you're fighting a battle that they might not be part of. ask them for support. If they can't be helpful, are they really friends? I"ve been slowly losing (!) for almost 7 years with my share of downfalls. Keep a goal in mind and just keep swimming! please consider me a friend :)
  • kiawya
    kiawya Posts: 73
    Options
    Sometimes I wish I could just blissfully fall asleep at 8 o'clock, to avoid nighttime eating. Mother of 2 here, struggled with weight all my life! Heaviest was 280, now about 230, just since January! You will love this site! Support with no judgements, lots of friends. Friend me..
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi, there good luck on your journey. Remember the first step is the hardest.. once you make it your goal to change then keep it in mind always... feel free to add me!!!
  • Wexxydog
    Options
    I too am a binger.. usually after 'just one glass of wine' that turns into half a bottle (or more). I eat (binge) because I'm low, or bored, or just because it's there.

You have my sympathy, as with kids in the house there are always plenty of 'bad' food around, I do my best to try and only have healthy options,' try' as opposed to 'do'.

I'm a stepmother of one, have put on 2 stone that I need to lose, due to illness and emotional eating, having nursed and lost my dad earlier in the year.

I have a chronic pain condition that means I can't always exercise, although I do my best to walk my 3 dogs every day, I'm happy to be a buddy and could use the encouragement as well as do my best to supprt you.
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Options
    Hello and welcome,
    This journey can be a struggle at times...you have to understand that
    it's a lifestyle change and we must change old habits, Start with replacing
    in the middle of the night eating binges with something else, anything else!

You will find amazing support here along with fabulous recipes and tools to help
    keep you accountable! we are all in this together working towards one common
    goal, and that is to lose weight to feel better and be healthier, you can snack on
    a handful of heart healthy nuts and get just as full as if you had eaten a candy
    bar with no nutritional value. Now I'm not saying that those things are forbidden
    quite the contrary, i find that if i give myself a day every once in a while to eat freely
    then i'm less likely to cheat and binge, deprivation makes you do just that!

I wish you great successes and good luck in reaching all of your goals, keep your
    goals in sight and be true to you!!!
    Feel free to add me if you'd like!