Making the change!

Options
Hey all!

I am an energetic, active, social, fun 28 year old chick making a change.. for REAL this time! I have always been active and athletic, however I NEVER saw the beauty in myself (thats recently changing)- but especially have always thought I was HUGE even when I wasn't. I'm afraid all of those years of believing I was bigger and "fat" helped to manifest to where I am today. I am 5'4" ish, and currently 242.5 lbs. So the goal is to manifest my weight and view of myself back in the other direction! :)

I have been on this site for a few weeks now having previously been on MyFoodDiary, and Weight Watchers. I was semi successful with MyFoodDiary, however I let "life take over" then tried Weight Watchers, which I LOATHED- I never felt like I was REALLY eating healthy, and didn't feel like I was learning the correct ways of getting proper nutrition. So here I am at My Fitness Pal, having started at my highest weight ever 248.

I hope to be supportive and inspirational as well as find other to do the same for me. I am quite determined and LOVE working out, playing sports, etc. I just need to learn how to properly fuel my body. I am learning more and more about myself each day and finally learning to love who I am inside and out - regardless of my weight- these two things I think will make the difference in my weightloss journey now compared to the past.

So here we go! So far, I have lost. 2" around my waist, and 1" around my hips, and 5.5 lbs (2.5 on MFP). I am excited and proud of the changes and looking forward to making new connections! Please feel free to add me!

~Michaela

Replies

• cici418
    cici418 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    when I was younger...I SWORE I was HUGE. Now....sitting at 28, I long for that 20 year old body. Media has distorted our image of beautiful. Stick with this...MFP is very motivating and inspirational....and it WORKS. Weight loss is all about calories in...and calories out. Soon enough, I learned how to pick my calories and sometimes, as funny as it sounds, you work out to eat! lol. If you have a special occasion coming up, you know you probably have to be picky and work out a little harder. I wish you the best of luck on here. To date, with MFP and the help of my friends....I have lost 47 pounds. I have fallen off the wagon and got right back on. Hang in there....and remember. ....ugly people can't change, but heavy people can get skinny :) You're as pretty as you feel
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Congratulations on the inches you've lost so far! It feels great to be making a change :) I can relate to a lot of what you said. You're going to love all the support here.