Do you track ?

Do you track daily calories burned for the day or just the ones through exercise

Replies

• MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited September 2019
    dee3mom30 wrote: »
    Do you track daily calories burned for the day or just the ones through exercise

Your calories burned through "life" should be included in your calorie allowance already. As a rule of thumb (for full disclosure I've been on maintenance around 9 years -- I tracked religiously for around five -- I don't track any longer unless I go over my "red line"), only add in stuff where you have to change into gym clothes or similar.

I normally counted all exercise and hard yard work. That was it. If you start counting things like driving and cooking, that's a slippery slope that leads to weight gain and justifying extra and unnecessary calories.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited September 2019
    I'm not sure I understand the question.

I only log intentional exercise.

Non-exercise activity (things like yard work, house work, playing with my kids, walking my dogs)... that all gets accounted for in MFP's activity setting.

So both are factored into my calorie goal and my intake.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    I let my Garmin track everything for me, but I almost constantly on the go
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    For this and your other posts on related subjects......

It's really important to be clear if you are using a tracker and are also letting it determine/alter your calorie goal.
    Some of the answers you got are assuming you are just using myfitnesspal to set your calorie goal.