smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    airpopped is the best..and you can eat more =D
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    airpopped = good

Movie popcorn = not so good

:happy:

Agreed! I love the 100 Calorie Popcorn Packs, but if it's that processed, it can't be good for you! Air-popped is the best!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    i like the 100 cal bags you can pop OR the ones with chocolate or caramel in the 100 cal section at the store, but most have around 130 instead. :)
  • carlynishere
    carlynishere Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Try Redenbacher Kettle Corn...mmm mmm mmm!!!
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I buy the bag of popcorn kernels and brown paper bags. Put kernels in bag, roll the top down and microwave. NO oil or butter. Its great!
  • shybelle
    shybelle Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I eat Redenbacher's Smart Pop 100 calories bags!
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I buy the bag of popcorn kernels and brown paper bags. Put kernels in bag, roll the top down and microwave. NO oil or butter. Its great!

really? I never would have thought about trying that. How long do you normally microwave for?

Popsecret's Homestyle Popcorn is my favorite. just a hint of salt and butter.
  • beeker75
    beeker75 Posts: 109
    Options
    Popcorn is good for you, as long as it doesnt have a bunch of stuff on it, is the point everyone is making lol! It's quite a healthy, yummy, filling snack! :)
  • 1965blaze
    Options
    I do the same thing ;) good minds think alike :)
    :wink:
  • bslic
    bslic Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I just airpopped some last night....then drizzled with roasted pepper olive oil and sprinkled a bit of fresh parm on top. YUMMMM If I have it often, I'll skip the cheese.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I eat microwave popcorn daily, never had a problem, its a great snack.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I eat microwave popcorn daily, never had a problem, its a great snack.
  • patr3ck
    patr3ck Posts: 3
    Options
    I went out and bought an airpopper and it's the best investment I've made in a while. Add spray-on no-cal butter spray and sprinkle on some seasoning and it's delicious!
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I love popcorn and I want to hear more about the brown bag and kernels!
  • diana109
    diana109 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'd say popcorn is good , love having it as a snack. I heard that microwave popcorn bags though are lined with BPA, not sure if that matters or not for some but another factor to consider when choosing.
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I also bought and air popper and agree its been a great 20.00 investment! In the popcorn section, they also have these shakers of toppings which are no or low low calorie and low sodium. YUMMO!
  • zumbawhit
    zumbawhit Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Two Words: Kettle. Corn. ... nuff said! ;-)
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options

Very simple, if you threw a bunch of unpopped kernnels in your microwave they would pop. So you put them in a brown paper bag and roll the top down and microwave till it stops popping. Just like the bags you buy at the store. It is cheap too. I usually give it a few spays of I cant belive its not butter spray. Its great and convienent.
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options

Very simple, if you threw a bunch of unpopped kernnels in your microwave they would pop. So you put them in a brown paper bag and roll the top down and microwave till it stops popping. Just like the bags you buy at the store. It is cheap too. I usually give it a few spays of I cant belive its not butter spray. Its great and convienent.

As soon as I run out of microwave popcorn I'm trying this!