do you count crystal light packets as water?

Options
So I drink crystal light packets a lot that I've added to a bottle of water. I always log my packets under my food since it contains calories but do you also log crystal light as water that you've drank for the day? I'm just wondering because I probably drink like 10 cups of crystal light a day and only about 2 real cups of water a day and didn't know if this was the same for me or not enough water. Thanks!

Replies

• chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    water is always going to be your best choice, but if you hate water, i would count it. maybe you could try and at least make it half and half, or a bit more in favor of plain water - maybe 6 cups of h2o to 4 cups of crystal light? but if you are a water hater, i say that it's waaaay better than soda, so keep with it.
  • bens_mommy
    bens_mommy Posts: 219
    Options
    I think it's more of a personal thing. I only log my water as water, but I know plenty of other people who log their tea, Crystal Light, etc. as water and I'm guessing that's fine too. I know I don't drink enough water as it is so I'm trying to wean myself away from anything else. So long as you're drinking, I think you're fine. :flowerforyou:
  • vivi226
    vivi226 Posts: 11
    Options
    I've logged my Crystal Light flavored water as water since I've joined MFP. Never thought to log it other wise, to be honest!
    :indifferent:
  • jdier
    jdier Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Well, I log it as Crystal Light so the 5 calories count. You could also check it off as 1 cup for your water supply for the day b/c water is the base.