130oz of Water a Day!?

Options
So my insurance sent me a form today regarding how much water people of different weights should drink a day. For my chunk-butt, it's 130oz. X_X I doubt I could even pull that off! Has anyone ever heard of this before?

tmsz66t4c8ig.png

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Yup, I drink 10-11 glasses a day. It's not that I try to reach that goal. I automatically reach it. Cheers! 🍻
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    That seems excessive. Government agencies recommend around 64 ounces per day. Now given your higher weight, it's probably a good idea to aim a bit higher than that. But if you are are not showing signs of dehydration at your intake levels, there is no reason you need at least 130 oz a day.
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    our bodies are mostly water, so water not only helps us clean out stuff we don't use and chemicals our bodies create, use and discard - water also helps us replenish.
  • Sadie2PointOh
    Sadie2PointOh Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    s1im62 wrote: »
    Good hydration is difficult just drinking plain water. The bottled water industry won't tell you that, but you get better hydration drinking water with your meals, but not filling up on water. Without electrolytes, your bloodstream takes the water straight to your kidneys and all you do is make yourself visit the restroom more often.

Water with electrolytes, such as the water you get from eating fruits and vegetables is what you need, and if you are eating healthy you're getting much of the water you need per day in the foods you eat. Drinking too much plain water flushes out your electrolytes, and overdoing that can be deadly.

This was new information to me. Within what timeframe (approximately) of your meal does one have to consume the water for it to better hydrate. I tend to drink right before + directly after a meal but rarely at the same exact time that I'm eating it. (I like to just focus on and enjoy the meal since my diet has made the meals much smaller/portion control.
  • braves3134
    braves3134 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    The chart you posted corresponds with something I've seen frequently that recommends .5-1 oz of water per pound of body weight. I'm 350lb and sweat a lot from exercise so I drink about .75 oz per pound which comes out to 262.5 oz or just over 2 gallons a day. I feel like since I made the increase I've had more energy, i feel fuller when I eat and even my bowel movements feel easier (tmi? lol). At then end of the day, if your urine is clearish, you're adequately hydrated but you can always have more up to a point (the body can only process 27-33 oz of water an hour. Drinking more than that can be dangerous)