I am fairly new

Options
Hi my name is Jon , I joined myfitnesspal weeks ago but never took the time to look over everything. I joined a gym about 3 months ago and I have dropped 20 lbs. I started at 312 and am now at 292 , although my goal is a little high I am aiming for 240-250 ( prefferably 240 lol). Recently I have come to a plateau and am stuck between 292 and 294 , I am working out the same amount I have been for the last 3 months and I am kinda getting discouraged. I figured this may be a great way to meet new people , get encouragment and find out the best ways that will help me reach my goals. Hope to hear from some new friends. Have a great day.

Replies

• suse56
    suse56 Posts: 30
    Options
    Hi Jon,
    Try changing your exercise and food. Your body gets used to some things and they do not work well anymore. Exercise confusion is a great way to go. I do a Boot Camp and it is amazing. Also try weighing and measuring your food so you are sure to get the right portions.
    Good luck!!
  • DAVEGETSLEAN
    DAVEGETSLEAN Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hey Jon. I'm Dave. I started working at when I weighed 258, joined MFP at 250. I'm down to 223 now. I'm doing cardio 5x and strength 3x per wk. Welcome to the site. Lots of tools to help you. Good luck.
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Options
    Welcome Jon,
    Good luck to you on this wonderful journey!
    You will find some amazing people here to support and motivate you
    and that's crucial on this sometimes difficult road to better health!

Please feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • ulrich13
    Options
    you are def right , It has been the same routine for the past 3 months , I guess i just got comfortable with the excersises I was doing. I am actually thinking about taking one of the cardio classes at my gym or getting a cardio video to do at home since the only cardio I do on top of my lifting is the treadmill. Thanks for your help.
  • chedges9090
    chedges9090 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Jon- Have you tried Spinning ? If it is offered, it is a great calorie burn and may be a "switch up" that you need.
  • ulrich13
    Options
    they do offer spinning but i think its $20 extra a month, gonna have to see how the classes go first but ive seen the spinning class , looks painfull lol