How to add exact grams

Options
I'm just starting back on MFP app, because it was recommended as the best, plus it has a barcode scanner. However, I was told that a food scale is helpful to calculate food, but I can't seem to then add my exact grams to the app. All I see is serving size and amount of servings. Which isn't helpful if I want to just sprinkle a little bit of cheddar on a salad or omelet. How do we calculate if we just want to have a little piece of something and not the whole thing?

Replies

• ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    You will need to find a database entry that includes grams in the serving size - I usually include grams as one of my search parameters when looking up entries in the database.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,973 Member
    Options
    You figure the number of grams per serving divided by the number of grams you ate. So if there are 100 grams per serving and you had 63 grams then it is 63/100 or .63 servings.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    t4nhmj3n12y4.jpg
  • Bworms1980
    Bworms1980 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Ty all for your responses. I get it now. I'm struggling because math and numbers are my kryptonite.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    t4nhmj3n12y4.jpg

The problem with those entries is that they're a kitten to doublecheck, because the information on your package isn't going to be for 1 gram, and even if were, macros (and possibly even calories, depending on much water is in the food) are all going to round to zero.