Newbie in Texas

Options
Hi everyone ~ I'm a newbie to mfp...today is my Day 5. This is such an awesome app and I'm loving it! In the past, I had been using another online database for calculating points and it was too time consuming and frustrating. I'm so happy that a co-worker turned me on to mfp. I have lost 20lbs in the past year and working to lose 20 more by Christmas 2011...doing so will put me in Onederland...that strange destination that I haven't seen in 15 years! I'm positive I'll get there with my new best friend...I've downloaded the app to my Android phone and just can't believe how easy tracking is. Can't wait until it's upgraded with barcoding, similar to the iPhone app.

Okay, enough of that...LET'S DO THIS!!!

Replies

• runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    welcome from a fellow TEXAN .. Good luck .. WE GOT THIS :)
  • juli3b2011
    juli3b2011 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi Jenn ~ Nice to meet you.,,and YES WE DO!
  • alfredapittman
    alfredapittman Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Welcome Newbie. {hugs} from North Dallas ;-)
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Hi Jenn and Howdy from Texas:):):) Welcome to MFP!! I was born in Houston Tx:):):)
  • kgool
    kgool Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Fellow Texan here, welcome! I am in San Antonio.
  • ChrisFA5
    ChrisFA5 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    We can scan with Android and MFP.
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Good luck on your journey. :)
  • sherismb
    sherismb Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I live in Texas too.....Houston, feel free to add me as a friend if you like.
  • tekavincent
    tekavincent Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie from NW Houston. Good luck!
  • maryzcontrary
    Options
    Yay! I'm hot here in Montgomery/Lake Conroe, Texas! Welcome!
  • juli3b2011
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm in Northeast Dallas. My stats are similiar to yours...started off at 240, currently sitting at 218, and planning to get to Onederland by year's end. Congrats on your success.
  • juli3b2011
    Options
    Thanks for all of your responses...nice to meet you ALL! I'm sending everyone a friend request...hope you will accept. I'm going to need all the support I can get...and hopefully be able to offer support in return.

Thanks for the information about barcoding on the Android...guess I'm off to figure that one out. Hope to correspond with you all in the future! Take care.
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Welcome from Austin, and good luck with your journey. I've been on here for 50 days and lost 30 lbs so you'll make your goal in no time. feel free to add me. :)
  • juli3b2011
    Options
    Thanks for all of your responses...nice to meet you ALL! I'm sending everyone a friend request...hope you will accept. I'm going to need all the support I can get...and hopefully be able to offer support in return.

Thanks for the information about barcoding on the Android...guess I'm off to figure that one out. Hope to correspond with you all in the future! Take care.