Comedian who is over being the funny fat girl!

Options
Hey there! I’m from South Florida and I’m, once again, starting my journey of weight loss. It’s not easy losing weight, but it’s not fun being fat. I’m over it! I have Fibromyalgia and Rheumatoid Arthritis, but I know I look amazing for 80! Too bad I’m only 43! I need to get this weight off so that I can honestly start feeling better. Let me know your goals, and tell me something funny! I’ll do the same I return!
Goal: lose 100 pounds
Funny: I hate the gym, so I’ve been looking to date a guy named Jim, so I can tell my doctor I’m hitting it!

Replies

• Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Sent private message.

My fiance dealt with all over body fibromyalgia, which had affected his joints to the point of immobility. When I met him he used a cane to walk and stand. Grunted in pain with every little movement.

He's lost around 80 lbs since we started dating. Went from over 250 down to under 180. He's active now, no pain, daily walks, very light strength workouts.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome :) I'm up in Ohio, and I've been at this my whole life (former collegiate athlete and power lifter post college), but most recently Dec 1 2018. I also have chronic pain from Arthritis and am in the process of being diagnosed with something else (most likely fibro but we'll see). I totally get you on the age joke.... my mom always tells me "she knows how I feel" and I'm like.. oh... really? You know what it feels like to be 31 but feel 70 and have had every activity you enjoyed taken away from you?

My goal is honestly to just lose as much weight as I can to ease some pain. I'd be happy around 175. I've lost 28, so 47 more lbs to go.....

Funny: My cats are on a diet too, and I make them do burpees!
  • comedybyahlaynah
    Options
    Haha! Make sure they don't injure themselves doing burpees. They may need a cat-scan!
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Options
    My fiance said he felt trapped in an 80 year old body. Was always saying he felt 80.

Me, I'm 45, and mentally feel 18. I can't figure out why my body doesn't get that memo, lol.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    So I really am 70, have fibromyalgia, cfs, ra, and oa. Imagine how old I feel!?!
  • comedybyahlaynah
    Options
    My brain says I'm in my early 20's! My body missed the memo, too.
  • LeeH31
    LeeH31 Posts: 312 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    So I really am 70, have fibromyalgia, cfs, ra, and oa. Imagine how old I feel!?

Corinasue1143 it must be very difficult some days to even summon a smile. I, too, am dealing with fibromyalgia, OA, and a heart that wants to play games with me. I'm almost 61, and cannot even think of what it'll be like in another 10 years! But I do find that avoiding wheat, and trying to keep moving does help. How about you? I hate all the medications the doctors try to push on me, and was told LOSE WEIGHT, so I AM.

ahlaynah, 100 pounds was my starting goal, I have lost 14 pounds so far. You can do this, just TRACK your food, and try to exercise, even if it's just walking. The first three days after I decided to do this I actually just wrote down for 3 days EVERYTHING I ate and drank, no restrictions, just ate as usual. The evening of the third day I sat down and figured out just the calories of everything I had eaten. I could have been eating for two-if the other one was an elephant! Shocked me deeply and made me aware of how many times I was eating just for something to do, not because I was truly hungry. Now I am a tracking fiend, it is your best friend if you let it.

Best wishes for a successful change.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Options
    I sent friends request. I love your sense of humor. I'm pretty sarcastic and love to laugh (even at myself); I use humor to cope with life.

It's laugh or cry, I chose laugh!

• aracely2224
    aracely2224 Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Hi! Love your positive attitude 😊 MFP has helped me achieve my goals with the calorie count. I’m cheering for you!

You can do it! 🌺
  • Seachange_dogs
    Seachange_dogs Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I could always use more funny in my life, I'll add ya. I'm from Utah which I'm pretty sure is a joke in and of itself. Plus I'm not a Mormon and voluntarily moved to Utah from California...
  • Seachange_dogs
    Seachange_dogs Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I could always use more funny in my life, I'll add ya. I'm from Utah which I'm pretty sure is a joke in and of itself. Plus I'm not a Mormon and voluntarily moved to Utah from California...
  • MsOpus
    MsOpus Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request. I can introduce you to Jim. I broke it off because we just weren't working out. 😋
    I'm 29 in my mind and soul. My kids (also in their 20's) want to negotiate a new age for me. I'd consider it but it's inappropriate to say the F word around the kids
    Goal is lose 45 lbs, get fit and run another triathlon. I ran one two years ago and decided I should learn to swim, bike and run this time.
  • cowsanddogsarecute
    Options
    Will send you a friend request. I have osteoarthritis in my knees and in the left lumbar spine. I have gout in my right foot. I'm 35 and feel like I'm 100!

It's a competition between myself and my mum about who has more physical issues and who feels older! She's almost 65! My dad is almost 65 too and has a number of issues which are more than likely arthritis but the thing is he gets in and out of a truck cab day after day and I'm pretty sure I'd die if I had too.

Also I'm pretty sure if the 3 of us had a running race, my parents would kick my *kitten*!

• treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a bit late to the game. PCOS and insulin resistance lost 62 pounds felt great gained back and not have gout. It has been months since I wan walk without water or cane. I am 43 starting over need to loose over a 100 pounds from a seated position. Would love to do this with some positive people.
  • fabandfat2018
    fabandfat2018 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m fat and can’t afford first class! Coach and fat do NOT get along.