Food and drink support

Options
Hi everyone, I am having trouble knowing if I am mixing together the right carbs and proteins with the workout I am doing, so I thought to come on here to see if anyone has any light to shine on this matter.

I have recently ordered some Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey Protein Powder Sachets with Glutamine and Amino Acids. Protein Shake by ON - Delicious Strawberry, Pack of 24, 24 x 30g. I know i should take it an hour before workout and have a light meal two hours before a workout, but I am needing to stop having a full english breakfast in the mornings.

My usual breakfast ideas if its not to be an all day breakfast that includes; a sausage, two hash browns, a black pudding, a fried egg and beans, it is either a banana and a yogurt or nutella on toast or peanut butter on toast. As for cereals, a favourite of mine is Special K cereal with whole milk or porridge.

Now I have given you an idea of what I have...

Can anyone give me any ideas as to what I can avoid having in the morning please?

I am no fussy eater, so whatever ideas you have, it will be most appreciated.

I will be needing the same advice for a meal to have after workout involving carbs and proteins, but I think we should sort this breakfast side first.

Replies

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    You only need to determine two questions:
    1) Does it fit your calories and macro target?
    2) Does it satiate you without interfering with your workout?

If the answer is yes for both questions, you're good to go.
  • Beccalouise09
    Beccalouise09 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    You only need to determine two questions:
    1) Does it fit your calories and macro target?
    2) Does it satiate you without interfering with your workout?

If the answer is yes for both questions, you're good to go.

Hmm, I have no idea but it has been working so far, so I think it does satisfy me without interference with the workout in any way.
  • Beccalouise09
    Beccalouise09 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I'm assuming that, like most of us, you are in the first column, so nutrient timing is not something you need to worry about. The important questions for you are in @bpetrosky's post above.

nutrient-timing-table_r4-01-1024x837.png

Indeed. I am from what I have read in the columns you are showing to me, so you both are absolutely right and I thank you for the support.