Full but hungry?

Just ask yourself these two questions before you make yourself another snack:
- are you really hungry?(feel your stomach, question yourself deeply)
- would you give food to this person (speak of yourself in 3rd person, if that person really needs food right know)

Be good all πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    i would not give a starving person the ice cream i have every night but im sure as hell eating it myself
  • andrejjausovec
    andrejjausovec Posts: 10 Member
    You can give any ice-cream too any starving people, just don't feed them too much ;)
  • SarahAnne3958
    SarahAnne3958 Posts: 78 Member
    edited September 2019
    Last snack I had was Braunschweiger sausage, yesterday afternoon. Wasn't really hungry but I'm working on incorporating organ meats to my carnivore diet right now and this is an easy way to get them in. And yes I'd share :)
  • andrejjausovec
    Sausage contains livere that are one of the superfoods, but you must take into acount next things:
    - it doesnt contain only livere...
    - meat industry uses a lot of suplements/... (so try to buy from a local farmer if you can)

So i would recomened to anyone, dont over budged your calories on expense of any FIT diet. I know some keto diet people and no one at this moment is thin/lean... it always backfires.

And ofc, sharing is caring 😁
  • SarahAnne3958
    SarahAnne3958 Posts: 78 Member
    edited September 2019
    Sausage contains livere that are one of the superfoods, but you must take into acount next things:
    - meat industry uses a lot of suplements/... (so try to buy from a local farmer if you can)

So i would recomened to anyone, dont over budged your calories on expense of any FIT diet. I know some keto diet people and no one at this moment is thin/lean... it always backfires.

My morning weigh-in this morning put me at 120.2lbs, it's all good over here :) I'm not doing the carnivore diet for weight loss, was already in maintenance when I transitioned to this way of eating.
  • andrejjausovec
    Ahh very nice πŸ‘Œ. Then this princeable really doesnt concerne you, becouse you are already in your desired and healthy BMI level and occasioly over budged food will not unbalance you, as much... 😁
    A lot of people often overeats, so i just share some simple rules with you. πŸ˜…πŸ™
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited September 2019
    uh...no. Thread started like..maybe but what...and ended at no.
  • andrejjausovec
    dewd2 wrote: Β»

Super what????

I'm going to get a couple Oreos. I'll be back...

Yeap, everyday something new✌
  • andrejjausovec
    uh...no. Thread started like..maybe but what...and ended at no.

We take our hunger most of the time very, very subjectivly and therefore eat many time for the wrong reasons but not for the main reason that is, to refuel us.
    βœŒπŸ€œπŸ€›
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    bro, let me tell ya something.... I can eat a meal that will gag most humans and still not be completely sated. Or if I am, its not for long. A little better 16lbs later, so yeah. I am not talking about "junk" food. Whole, lower energy dense, less palatable food. Yes fuel..... uhhh yeah... thats pretty much I do. So, yeah.... what ya got?
  • andrejjausovec
    bro, let me tell ya something.... I can eat a meal that will gag most humans and still not be completely sated. Or if I am, its not for long. A little better 16lbs later, so yeah. I am not talking about "junk" food. Whole, lower energy dense, less palatable food. Yes fuel..... uhhh yeah... thats pretty much I do. So, yeah.... what ya got?

Yeah, i can relate. In that case i can sugest you some next steps to help you up:
    - when you finish your normal portion (dont go fully with your plate, calculate it before or between time-out...), take a timeout brake for a minimun 15min, and then evavulate yourself again,
    - eat more veggies,
    - drink more water.

Why i can relate? Because when i gather with my family i can eat more than my brother. He is over 300lbs, i am 175lbs... But i climb, ride bycle, do workouts, cardio,... i do my deficit mainly with exercise, but i also ofcourse have to maintain healthy intake, i dont do Ultramaratone, yet...

I hope it helps πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    edited September 2019
    For me personally, if I'm full but still hungry it means I ate too many vegetables and not enough fatty meat. When I started to really struggle with hunger after about 6 months of counting calories and losing 42 lbs I experienced this all of the time following the (back then) standard advice of more water, fiber and lean protein for hunger - I was eating constantly and could be full to bursting but still had that drive to eat.

Sometimes you're just not eating enough calories in general or maybe you need more starch or more fat or more/less whatever in your diet. All the mental gymnastics in the world are no match to that desire to eat (even if you feel full) when food is readily available, IME. So if you're full but not satisfied after eating, now is the time to start reworking your diet to make it more sustainable for when life gets in the way and all of your attention can't be centered on weight loss.

Maybe try focusing on learning which foods or patterns of eating truly satiate your appetite if you still have a desire to eat more after finishing a meal is my advice. Don't give up and you'll figure it out. Best wishes to you all.
  • andrejjausovec
    edited September 2019
    For me personally, if I'm full but still hungry it means I ate too many vegetables and not enough fatty meat. When I started to really struggle with hunger after about 6 months of counting calories and losing 42 lbs I experienced this all of the time following the (back then) standard advice of more water, fiber and lean protein for hunger - I was eating constantly and could be full to bursting but still had that drive to eat.

Sometimes you're just not eating enough calories in general or maybe you need more starch or more fat or more/less whatever in your diet. All the mental gymnastics in the world are no match to that desire to eat (even if you feel full) when food is readily available, IME. So if you're full but not satisfied after eating, now is the time to start reworking your diet to make it more sustainable for when life gets in the way and all of your attention can't be centered on weight loss.

Maybe try focusing on learning which foods or patterns of eating truly satiate your appetite instead of just making you feel full if you still have a desire to eat more after finishing a meal is my advice. Don't give up and you'll figure it out. Best wishes to you all.

Totally agree. I was just suggesting that when you still don't feel fullness (satisfactions) you are forced to take this actions... Ofcourse you have to maintain your intake of your macro and micro nutritious. Adapted them for your workdays (different workouts also needs different intakes...) or days when you do nothing.
    And every person has it own unique body, metabolize, needs, levels of hormones, desires, goals,... so at the end of all the super tips you get, you have to listen yourself.

To all food lovers out there, ofcourse its not easy to maintain or loose you weight, if it would be easy, we wouldnt have these kind of discussions right now and obesity would be only present in some kind of anomaly.
    So i can say, stay strong, find what drives you and achieve your goals. πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member

Maybe try focusing on learning which foods or patterns of eating truly satiate your appetite if you still have a desire to eat more after finishing a meal is my advice. Don't give up and you'll figure it out. Best wishes to you all.

you know, just read some research on this... might play with macros. Who knows, might work. Almost anything to kill the gnawing in my chest. thanks.... going to add you if that is ok...