Lost 50 pou ds but only 1 pant size!

nparrish51
nparrish51 Posts: 1 Member
edited September 2019 in Motivation and Support
Iv lost 50 pounds in 6 months but still only down one pant size. How do i get the weight to come of my hips butt and thighs? U would think 50 pounds later I'd be down a few pant sizes but no I'm only losing weight In my shoulders face and stomach I'm happy to be loosing my belly but these nicki Minaj hips and butt gotta go!

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    nparrish51 wrote: »
    Iv lost 50 pounds in 6 months but still only down one pant size. How do i get the weight to come of my hips butt and thighs? U would think 50 pounds later I'd be down a few pant sizes but no I'm only losing weight In my shoulders face and stomach I'm happy to be loosing my belly but these nicki Minaj hips and butt gotta go!

Congrats on losing 50 pounds. That is AMAZING. You are doing great.

To get weight to come off of specific areas all you can do is keep losing. Weight loss can be annoying but it is worth it... even when one hand is larger than the other for a period of time...

It took me about 60 pounds to see changes in my clothing. I was nearly about to buy bigger shirts when I started losing so initially they just got more comfortable on me.

What can also be annoying is that you lose 50 pounds and there is not much change in clothing. Then over the next 20 pounds you go through not 1 but 2 sizes so the clothes you just bought are already too big on you again. That is what happened to me. Twice. Still worth it though.

I just lost another round in my face and chest area. I look almost skinny from the chest area up but I am still large when you go further south.

• LoKoMi
    LoKoMi Posts: 51 Member
    edited September 2019
    Wow 50 pounds is awesome!

As for pants size, are you comparing the exact same pants? Even in the same brand it can vary- right now I can wear Old Navy Rock Stars in size 8, 10, 12, and 14- but they're all different “Rock Star” types. So with that example you could have started in a size 16 that maybe fit more like a 22, and currently wear a 14 that fits like an 8, so in reality gone down 5-6 sizes.

Are you taking body measurements?

Also I think larger sizes have a bigger range for fit. I could wear size 18 and go up or down 20 pounds. Some size 4 friends seem to only have 1-2 pounds of wiggle room.
  • Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    I have lost 32 pounds and am still in the same size pants. Almost no change to my large stomach area, it will be the last to go.
  • magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    You can't control where the weight comes from. The amount your clothes will change will also tend to be more about how much you're changing as a percent of your current weight rather than the absolute pounds.
    From 285 to ~185 is the difference between a men's 50 pants to 40. From 185 to to 160 is a 40 to a loose 30 for shorts, and maybe a 32 for jeans because of thighs and calves rather than the waist.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    It really is true, the more you lose, the faster you will lose sizes. You may even skip a size here or there. When I was wearing size 18 jeans and they finally started to get loose, I shopped for 16 but actually needed size 14 at that time.

I gained and lost at least 50-60 lb in the past while wearing all of the same size 20/22 clothing. In fact that was a big reason I wasn't more careful, I never weighed myself and had no idea that I'd gained more than a few pounds. I would be completely surprised that I'd gone from 260 to 280 because my clothes still fit well. Now I can tell a difference in the way my size 10 jeans fit even when I'm up 4-5 lb from a vacation.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    It took a long time for my pant sizes to start shifting, once it did, it was more regular changes. The problem was that when I first started, I had been refusing to buy bigger clothes, so I was stuffed in my pants like sausage casing.

Give it some more time. You should notice more consistent process now that you're at this point.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    The pounds is much more important that the pant size. Sizes vary based on style and brand. The larger and looser fitting styles have more leeway than tight, small sizes. Just make a point to always have a few pairs that fit properly for whatever size you're at NOW. In my weightloss journey (150) I sometimes waited TOO long to size down, until my friends got on me! I spent a lot of time shopping at Goodwill and donating back clothes that became too loose for me.
  • kmalik5
    kmalik5 Posts: 44 Member
    LoKoMi wrote: »
    Wow 50 pounds is awesome!

As for pants size, are you comparing the exact same pants? Even in the same brand it can vary- right now I can wear Old Navy Rock Stars in size 8, 10, 12, and 14- but they're all different “Rock Star” types. So with that example you could have started in a size 16 that maybe fit more like a 22, and currently wear a 14 that fits like an 8, so in reality gone down 5-6 sizes.

Are you taking body measurements?

Also I think larger sizes have a bigger range for fit. I could wear size 18 and go up or down 20 pounds. Some size 4 friends seem to only have 1-2 pounds of wiggle room.

100% agree with this! Also vanity sizing is so rampant and varies so much depending on the individual brand.

I'm only 5'3" and I've dropped around 45lb but I'm "only down one size." I also realized that's due to the fact that my prior size 10s were super vanity sized, so I was probably truly a 12-14 at least. Now I'm "only" down to an 8, but it's an 8 at stores that don't size up. So just like she said, make sure you're comparing apples to apples.

Also I don't know about you, but I know for sure that my old size 10s were stretched like nothing else as I gained weight.

Keep up the great work!