Keto and Intermittent Fasting but not losing

dlyeates
dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
I have been doing intermittent fasting while following a keto eating plan. In the last month I have followed this and the eating plan extremely closely for appprox. 3 weeks and have lost nothing. I thought that by going back on keto I would at least lose a couple of pounds in a 3 week period but I haven't. I also thought adding in intermittent fasting would make it go faster. But I've lost nothing and I'm so discouraged. I ate more carbs this weekend to do kind of a carb cycling thing and am back at my regularly scheduled keto eating plan starting today. But I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Replies

• Bronty3
    Bronty3 Posts: 104 Member
    Are you counting your calories?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,292 Member
    edited September 2019
    You can still gain weight with IF or Keto... weight gain/loss comes from calories in vs. calories out.

could also be water weight, since you added carbs back that would end up in glycogen stores topping up and increasing water retention. if you recently changed or started working out, that too can increase water retention.
  • dlyeates
    I am still counting my calories. I keep under 1500 per day. I drink around 115 oz or more of water per day. I don't do a lot of exercise but try to get between 5000 and 10000 steps per day. My macros are under 20 g net carbs, 70% of my calories fat and 25% of my calories protein.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Do you weigh all your foods?

What's your current weight and your goal weight?
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,215 Member
    I'd also be curious how often you're weighing yourself.
  • dlyeates
    I weigh and measure all of my food. I log everything (except this last weekend due to carb cycling). I'm currently 207, was down to 175 when I was following keto in the past but slid off over the winter and summer and gained a bunch back. I want to get back down to 175 but doing what I did before and adding IF isn't working. I weigh myself a couple of times a week to get an average but not daily.