End of the day bloat

I don’t know why, but it seems like at the end of the day, even when I have been good and eaten healthy and only had water to drink, I’m still bloated and gross feeling. The pants that slipped on comfortably in the morning are about to burst at the waist. Does anyone know why this happens?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Food and waste still lingering in the bowels maybe?
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    without a doubt , this is normal for me too. If I don't watch my sodium, I really bloat up! By morning the bloat is gone.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    I retain water through the day. It is worse if the weather is hot. I wake up thinner looking than when I go to bed at night.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Lots of foods can cause bloat temporarily. Brocolli, cauliflower, beans, breads. Depends on the person.
  • pjwrt
    pjwrt Posts: 166 Member
    Yep. That's why I weigh myself 2nd thing in the morning.
  • SarahAnne3958
    SarahAnne3958 Posts: 78 Member
    I also used to have pronounced bloating at night and many times it would carry over into the morning. It went completely away after I transitioned to a low carb way of eating, along with the loud stomach noises I frequently had.
  • CaitlinELaird
    CaitlinELaird Posts: 106 Member
    That’s what I figured, but it is annoying. I guess I should probably wear pants that fit all day! 🤣
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    edited September 2019
    Pants with some spandex are thee best.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    normal. depending on what I eat during the day I can look 5 months pregnant in the evening. from having a flat flat stomach in the morning, to preggers in the evening.

normally my stomach will be bigger in the evening than morning anyway, from eating and water and so on, but on the days it's 5 months pregnant it's always due to something in particular that I ate.

I just need to look at cruciferous veg (broccoli, cauliflower etc) and my stomach swells up. I just have to look at protein bars with whey and that sugar alcohol stuff in it or other fake sugars - pregnant stomach. And a few other culprits.

So yeah - some foods will cause more bloat than others. I still eat them (i Like cauliflower) but I am aware of what will happen. Perhaps start to pay attention to the different foods. my bloat starts pretty much straight away with these things, whereas my normal daily bigger stomach at night bloat is nowhere near as bad as my cauliflower bloat and comes along gradually.

The other day I had dinner with some friends and the oil that they cooked the chips in (at a burger place) was old - you know when you can tell the oil is not fresh? Anyway, my stomach went WOOOSH straight out to 6 months pregnant look and feel within 15-20 mins of us finishing our meal. I showed it to them and they poked at it - rock hard gas tank bloat and I literally looked like I was forcing my stomach out, but I wasn't. I can eat fried stuff like chips without a problem, but if the oil is old - bloat.