Tofu Shirataki Noodles!

Options
EthanJeremiahsMama
EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
I recently bought 2 packs of Tofu Shirataki Noodles! It's basically just made of tofu, water, yam flower & calcium hydroxide. It's only 20 cals, 15mg sodium.. 3g carbs and ZERO sugar!

I would like to know if any of you have tried these? Any of you have recipes? :)

I have been craving pasta lately and apparently I'm gonna give these tofu noodles a try with some Classico Light Alfredo sauce and throw on some grilled chicken!

Replies

• Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I make mine with a mushroom & light parmesan alfredo sauce and some steamed mussels then have baked brussel sprouts and grilled zucchini/yellow squash with greek seasoning.
  • nananie2
    nananie2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Check the Hungry girl website. She often uses them in her recipes...
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Check the Hungry girl website. She often uses them in her recipes...

Yep... just saw her do a pasta dish with them last weekend!
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/speedy-tuna-noodle-skillet-recipe/index.html
  • upsidedownpear
    upsidedownpear Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yes look at hungrygirl.com for the recipes.. my favorite are fettucine alfredo and pad thai noodles !!
  • ItsMeLori
    ItsMeLori Posts: 346
    Options
    I would recommend rinsing them well before boiling them. I've had them with just marinara sauce and ground turkey. They took care of my craving for pasta. Got to eat the whole package too LOL
  • debsavking
    Options
    Are these noddles the same as the miracle noddles? I did try them, they are okay, can't say ill have them everyday has a taste that u definately have to get use to and the smell, wew!!!. But I mix mine with some cream spinach which definately enhance the taste. Ill want to try it with some sauce and turkey meatball.
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I love these noodles :happy:
  • kristlynngirl
    kristlynngirl Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm curious myself. I've never had tofu and it kinda scares me, but I couldn't believe how much you can eat of these things for so few calories.