Wardrobe full of clothes and still nothing to wear.

Options
hail87666
hail87666 Posts: 176 Member
I suppose that it's a success story that I now have lots of clothes that are too big for me ....but I can't really afford new ones, especially as I intend to lose more weight. I have some pretty nice clothes that seem a shame to throw away. Anyone looking to sell/buy second hand clothes? I thought it might be an idea (maybe it's been done already) to set up a thread to show what clothes we have..... I'm currently scouring ebay for decent stuff and have started uploading mine

for example: items 150655920062 and 150655919770

Replies

• brancakes
    brancakes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    If you are on facebook there is an MFP clothing swap group.
  • GladImTall
    GladImTall Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    or- you can try to find a local consignment shop and sell some of your things to them... they're always looking for gently used clothing... AND- you can shop for some discounted, gently used clothing as an interim until you reach your goal weight! just my two cents! good luck!
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    What size? I have tons I want to give away. I don't like goodwill because I don't want some one to pay for them.
  • hail87666
    Options
    Awesome, having a look on clothing swap now.
    At the moment i'm a 10-12 on the bottom depending on what it is. And a 12-14 on top. I have a few dresses that are 12-14 that are no good to me now. Such a shame when you spend so much on these formal clothes and then wear them once or twice.
  • hail87666
    Options
    Oh, and that's UK size
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Do people actually buy clothes off ebay? I have so many that I'd love to get rid of, especially the evening gowns, all size 12/14. I never though of ebay lol, let me know if you have any success!
  • hail87666
    Options
    I've sole shoes before, and riding wear. But not gowns. Can't see why not though cause they're expensive and so rarely worn they're likely to be in good condition. Got so many pounds worth of clothes and yet I look like a hobo :/
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Look for consignment shops that deal adult clothing. You can possibly get some credit towards smaller stuff. You can probably yard sale shop and thrift store shop to get a few pieces to mix in with nice belts on the smaller stuff that looks well with the loss.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!