Help please help

Options
Hi everyone!!!! So i am having the worst time trying to lose weight idk whats wrong i am working out 4 days a week and burn about 450 every time i work out. I also stay under 1400 cal everyday. The pounds should be flying off is there something wrong with me? Everyone says it taking time but dont you guys think within 8 weeks i should have lost something? I didn't go to the gym for a week and i lost 4 pounds and then i started to go back to the gym i gained the 4 back plus 2 i know that cant be all muscle and shouldnt i be losing weight sooo stressed out i feel like a bloated whale and i drink like 10+ 8oz of water cups a day. HELP HELP i am about to give up . Should i just starve myself cause that seems to work but its so hard to do

Replies

• coliechacer
    Options
    Hi everyone!!!! So i am having the worst time trying to lose weight idk whats wrong i am working out 4 days a week and burn about 450 every time i work out. I also stay under 1400 cal everyday. The pounds should be flying off is there something wrong with me? Everyone says it taking time but dont you guys think within 8 weeks i should have lost something? I didn't go to the gym for a week and i lost 4 pounds and then i started to go back to the gym i gained the 4 back plus 2 i know that cant be all muscle and shouldnt i be losing weight sooo stressed out i feel like a bloated whale and i drink like 10+ 8oz of water cups a day. HELP HELP i am about to give up . Should i just starve myself cause that seems to work but its so hard to do
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    If you are burning that many calories exercising you need to be eating that many extra calories. If you consume 1400 calories a day and burn 450 your body is trying to run on 950 calories, which it can do very well going at full speed, so your metabolism slows down. You need to make sure the difference in those number is no less than 1200. So easy answer, eat more.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    You may not be eating enough calories. Are you adding the exercise in and getting the extra calories. You should eat at least some of them or your body could be in conservation mode otherwise known as starvation mode. What are your regular calories on MFP?
  • Jelybe
    Jelybe Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    If you lost 4 pounds the week you did not go to the gym - than I agree with the previous posts, you definitely need to eat your exercise calories.

I completely understand your frustration! Hang in there! :flowerforyou:
  • coliechacer
    Options
    well i was eating my work out cal but i still wasn't losing anything i just stopped eating them this week
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    I noticed that you just started here last month, and really don't have that much to lose. Give it some time. I would make sure that you have your goals set to 1/2 pound a week since you don't have very much to lose and work at it hard for 4 weeks, being completely honest with your logging, and eating your exercise calories. Then see how you are doing. Also take measurements, sometimes your waist shrinks but the scale doesn't move.

Good luck
  • superlife
    Options
    Hi, Diego here. I am glad you got help on the food part, eat smaller meals, speed that metabolism up, that is great,!! also I see something, the exercise routine....make sure you change it a bit, get on the stepper or change to do weights, high reps, increasing resistance gradually, then do the cardio after wards. Get in the sauna for detoxing your skin layer, also cleanse your colon, really.. i have read that there could be up to 10lbs !!! of impacted fecal matter in there... try dr schulz ... herbdoc.com...
    all the best, stay motivated, positive and at peace and love!
  • coliechacer
    Options
    You really think that a colon cleanse will help with my weight lose? Has anyone else tried this if so did it help you lose weight?
  • dhutch33
    Options
    Im sure you've heard it before...but try small meals throughout the day. (A meal meaning snack) If you eat every few hours, just a little meal or snack, it keeps your metabolism going so you are able to lose weight and not go in starvation mode.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    no you don't need a colon cleanse as long as you are going those colon cleanses are just ways to make $$-

As far as your question- Are you using a Heart Rate Monitor to know that you are really burning what you say.

Also remember that MFP is just a guide you may need to tweak to your individual needs as far as how many calories you need try upping them or vice versus.
  • coliechacer
    Options
    thanks guys i think my metabolism needs a def boost. I am doing everything you guys are suggesting but i do go over my calories by maybe 100-200 a day its so hard to stay out the frig cause i am home with my son all day. I try to set small goals and still cant meet them i hope something will happen soon
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,130 Member
    Options
    About the colon cleanse - I agree with Dave. It is not a good idea.

Read this from songbyrdsweet.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/42699-colon-cleansing

Songbyrdsweet is an Exercise, Sport and Health Education/Exercise and Sport Studies major in her Senior year, and she plans on graduate school for muscle physiology, bioenergetics, or endocrinology.
    Here is her profile:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/songbyrdsweet

Expect it to take some time to lose weight, and that is if you really eat correctly, and exercise consistently.

Here are some other great posts:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/8977-your-body-s-thoughts-on-calories

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations

cmr, that's one of the things I love about you, you don't just opine (I may have made that word up, but I am pretty sure I have heard it before!) you back up what you say with experts.

Diego, sorry but I have to agree, colon cleansing is a scary option! :noway: The fact is there are loads of ways to clean your system naturally. For example, grapefruit is a great way to help cleanse toxins, like nicotine :smokin: from your system. Greens like kale (blah :sick: ) chard and broccoli help bind free radicals (not fun loving hippies, but cells that roam around trying to convert your healthy cells to cancerous cells :devil: ) And, if you want to move things along in the basement plumbing so to speak, :blushing: grape juice, prunes/prune juice or beets - whew, beets are effective!)

My sister, the personal trainer suggests that if we want to boost our metabolism, the best thing to do is strength training. You build lean muscle, and it burns fat more effectively than the, well not so lean, if you see where I am going.....:blushing:

And, finally, it does take time, and you have already lost nearly one third of the weight you hope to lose. Great! I am happy for your loss! :wink:
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    Yep, I say boo to the colon cleansing also. Yes you may lose 10 pounds of crap, but as soon as you eat again there will be poo in your system, and you can't get a cleansing everyday. You are suppose to always have "stuff" working it's way through your system, that's how we are designed. In the old days people, on average, weren't as heavy as we are now, and they never had diet pills or fasts or cleansings.

Hard work and a healthy diet will get you were you need to be.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Yep, I say boo to the colon cleansing also. Yes you may lose 10 pounds of crap, but as soon as you eat again there will be poo in your system, and you can't get a cleansing everyday. You are suppose to always have "stuff" working it's way through your system, that's how we are designed. In the old days people, on average, weren't as heavy as we are now, and they never had diet pills or fasts or cleansings.

if you say BOO loud enough, it may just scare the crap right out of you and you saved some money on those stupid cleansers,
    BOO for you!
  • Anna_Banana
    Options

if you say BOO loud enough, it may just scare the crap right out of you and you saved some money on those stupid cleansers,
    BOO for you!

Dave are you Booing me?

Hey I like the new pictures. much better than the generic blue guy.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

BOO for you!

Dave are you Booing me?

Hey I like the new pictures. much better than the generic blue guy.

heck no...lol...
    remember Boo Radley from the movie to Kill a Mockingbird? (greatest movie ever) what a nice person!
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    I really only saw that move once, plus read the book, and it was a long time a go. I might have to find a copy of it and watch it again. I think the time I saw it I was in English class grooling over some guy or writing notes.:bigsmile:
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    I really only saw that move once, plus read the book, and it was a long time a go. I might have to find a copy of it and watch it again. I think the time I saw it I was in English class grooling over some guy or writing notes.:bigsmile:

oh definetely see it again...I have it on dvd and when I start wondering how people can be so icky I watch that movie and at the end I always feel good!
  • terri0027
    terri0027 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    It sounds like Diego might be a salesman for the company that makes the cleansing product. Note that he included the specific product name and a web site.

Always question the motive...