Easy meals to lose fat

Options
I am all ways working and don’t have a lot of time to prep meals I don’t know a lot about good food as it’s all new to me dose any one have any recommendations on quick and easy meals that I can freez and heat up or eat cold. My main goal is to lose fat not bulk up yet thanks

Replies

• xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Batch cook some veggies in the oven. They can be stored in the fridge for up to a week. Add your favourite carbs (rice, pasta, quinoa, couscous etc) protein (eggs, fish, chicken, red meat, legumes, beans) and healthy fats (olives, oil, avocado, nuts, seeds, cheese) to them to make a balanced meal. If you’re new to all this then keep it simple. I also love making overnight oats. So fast and simple then add your favourite toppings in the morning. Scrambled eggs with veggies such as spinach, tomato, onions and cheese and toast is a simple and fast breakfast but also nutritious.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    Pauljaco wrote: »
    Use a slow cooker, chillis, curries, stews .......throw it all in before work. Get home all done just dish it out. Just freeze any left overs

Yes, meals like this freeze really well.

If you are not comfortable leaving the crockpot on for a full workday, you can batch cook on days you don't work.
  • ShinyFuture
    ShinyFuture Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Another vote for crock pot - this is a great site for super easy, tasty, and mostly healthy options: ayearofslowcooking.com/
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Agree with CSARdiver & jjpptt2, only shake it up. Chicken and potatoes one week, ground beef and rice the next, pork roast and sweet potatoes the next. Freeze the leftovers so after a couple weeks you will have a variety in the freezer.

TV dinners. I prefer something like lean cuisine with no veggies, just meat and starch, and a small bag of your favorite frozen veggies always in the freezer for emergencies.

Fast food. Maybe last resort, but sometimes— sit down at the computer now and research calories at several places near your home and work. Good to be prepared.
  • wiigelec
    wiigelec Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Zatarains red or black beans and rice with ground beef
  • leesnewipad
    leesnewipad Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone very help full
  • Dreamwa1ker
    Dreamwa1ker Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I like to make big batches of stuff so I don't have to cook during the week. Slow-cooker is great for this, as are sheet pans or a big grill because you can cook a lot all at once. I also make a big batch and freeze half so I can be truly lazy on a future week.

If you're new to cooking, maybe invest in a good cookbook. I love this one for slow-cookers because it goes way beyond just stews and soups: https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Slow-Cooker-Appetizers-Must-Have/dp/1940352789 I've also enjoyed this all sauces cookbook (includes things like dressings, marinades, too) as a way to change up standard meat and veggies to be more interesting: https://www.amazon.com/Just-Add-Sauce-Revolutionary-Everything/dp/1945256249
  • jakeworkman89
    jakeworkman89 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    For you guys meal prepping, what containers are you using?
    Looking for something cheap ish, reusable, microwaveable, and preferably 1 to 3 compartments.
    Found a few on amazon but not sure if cheap plasticy ones are frowned upon here.

Tons of good recipes here. I have a ton of restaurant work history, and can share a couple good recipes.

Chicken breasts no skin
    Sauce:
    White wine, olive oil, red pepper flakes, garlic (crushed fresh) and salt to taste.
    The oil to white wine recipe is basically 1part wine 2 parts oil, and a good splash of lemon juice.
    Seasonings should be liberal, especially the garlic.
    Spread on a pan, with excess sauce drained, and a few lemon slices spread on the pan.
    Cook on med to high heat on a large baking tray till done.

Roasted artichoke and potatoes

Soak the potatoes don’t peel or score, well get back to them shortly.
    Artichokes, canned, are usually served in a brine. Get a large strainer and rinse the hell out of those things.
    Take the artichoke and cook them first, using the same sauce that we made for that chicken (it’s a pro sauce for everything lol)
    You want the artichoke browned but not burned. Don’t let it dry out, and try not to mash it down, the chunks it comes in is perfect to keep it braised but still juicy.

Now that it’s cooked, slice those potatoes you’ve been soaking, and let them drip dry for a few min.
    You want to add olive oil, red pepper, and salt/pepper. However much you like, I like spicy potatoes.
    Cook until tender.

Mix the two together or have them separate, I like to mix them, good texture and flavors.
  • Dreamwa1ker
    Dreamwa1ker Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    For you guys meal prepping, what containers are you using?
    Looking for something cheap ish, reusable, microwaveable, and preferably 1 to 3 compartments.
    Found a few on amazon but not sure if cheap plasticy ones are frowned upon here.

So, I don't really use what most people would probably consider "meal prep" containers. I make all my components, and then I store each thing in big glass containers for use later for lunch or dinner (I don't have to worry about putting in the dishwasher because they are glass, and they have lasted me years): I have the older version of these because I've had them for like 6 years https://www.amazon.com/Rubbermaid-Storage-Containers-22-Piece-1865887/dp/B00U1CANAY?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_1

I then load up a lunch container the night before I go to work, filling it from the containers in the fridge. I LOVE this one - it has multiple layers so it is easy to separate things you are going to reheat and things you are going to keep cold, and it has an awesome gasket on it that has never leaked in 3-4 years of use: https://www.amazon.com/OXO-Grips-Leakproof-Lunch-Container/dp/B013KB26CK
    I also use these to separate items sometimes: https://www.amazon.com/Silicone-Cupcake-Muffin-Reusable-Non-Stick/dp/B074Z47M4N/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=cupcake+liners+reusable&qid=1568984615&s=home-garden&sr=1-5
    And little containers for sauces.

Finally, when I make big batches of things to freeze, I freeze most things in freezer-safe mason jars. They work great and don't get freezer burn.