15 weeks pregnant and want to maintain my weight

Options
Im 4 foot 11 and 8 and a half stone at the moment and have gained 7 pounds so far, i do 2 hours on the exercise bike a day and my tdee is around 2200 calories a day.

If i eat 2200 calories a day would i maintain my weight?

Replies

• Hannahjane123456
    Hannahjane123456 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I got it off the scooby calculator, Maybe my tdee is not correct then im not sure.

Ive always done 2 hours of exercise before i was pregnant.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    If you've always exercised then thats ok.
    Have you talked with your midwife on how much you should be gaining? 7lbs doesn't sound too bad for you being 1/3 of the way there. Most people gain 21-30lbs during pregnancy and that is a healthy gain.

TDEE's change from day to day unless we do the same activity day in, day out - the online calculators usually aren't that far off. You are a healthy weight. Being petite we burn far less than we think unfortunately :/.

If I were you I'd probably aim to eat 2000 cals, its going to be in your last trimester that you get more hungrier and you will want to eat more and that is normal, the rule of thumb is 250 cals more than maintenance cals for that stage.

All the best for your pregnancy.
  • Hannahjane123456
    Hannahjane123456 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Okay thank you 😀
  • crooked_left_hook
    crooked_left_hook Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    You’re pregnant so you must gain weight to be healthy and have a healthy baby. Healthy weight gain for someone with a BMI of 18.5-24.9 is 25-35 lbs after becoming pregnant. You should be eating 300-500 extra calories per day starting at 12 weeks. Extra protein is helpful when growing a human.