Mommy’s trying to lose it!

I am a 34 yr old mom to 3 beautiful blessings. My youngest being 2yrs old. After my first child 8yrs ago my body obviously was never the same and losing all the excess weight did not come easy. Prior to children workingout and eating healthy wasn’t a huge part of my lifestyle. Now 3 kids later I work out 5+ times a week just to see myself not make much progress. It’s so discouraging. But I refuse to give up. I know my body will never be the same it may even be better. I just want to be a healthier me, for myself, my children and my spouse. My goal is to lose 30 and I am hoping to encourage and build a support system to other moms who may feel discouraged because their body’s aren’t where we want them to be. Since I started my journey I’ve already lost 30lbs I still have 30 more to go. I will do it and hope that we can push one another.

Replies

• bear2303
    bear2303 Posts: 252 Member
    Add me! I'm a 33 year old momma to two! I have a 4 year old and an 18 month old and agree that my goals now are just to be a healthier me for my kids and my husband! I've lost about 35 pounds so far and have another 10 or so to go. I'd love more friends here to help encourage and keep me accountable to my goals!
  • ResaB902
    ResaB902 Posts: 11 Member
    @Nukester88 well you look awesome!!!! Keep it up! Please fill me in on the workouts and what do you do for meals? I workout from home so I need all the good workout suggestions I can get. I have to lose 30.
  • Nukester88
    Nukester88 Posts: 7 Member
    ResaB902 wrote: »
    @Nukester88 well you look awesome!!!! Keep it up! Please fill me in on the workouts and what do you do for meals? I workout from home so I need all the good workout suggestions I can get. I have to lose 30.

I do the hiit workouts from Heather Robertson on youtube! She is amazing! I switch between videos a lot. One day I’ll do high intensity with weights and the next I’ll do low impact without weights and every combination in between. I try to do her 10 minute lower abs on fire video everyday at some point. For meals I just try to keep between 1200 and 1400 calories. I drink coffee with a half a scoop of protein powder in the morning and afternoon and usually don’t eat till around 5pm since I am guilty of late night snacking. Naturally I eat a lot healthier to stay in that range, but I definitely don’t limit myself to anything. Like last night I wanted dessert so I found something that would fit in to the calories I had left, and satisfy me, instead of eating half a sleeve of Oreos I had two with a kiwi on top, 168 calories and 100% better tasting then the 500 calorie alternative I used to pick.
    9obqicdq34b4.jpeg
  • ResaB902
    Oh that’s awesome I will definitely look into her workouts. I am guilty for snacking as well. Will try the Oreos with kiwi looks really good. I get bored of the same meals. I am a big coffee head I looking into having it with heavy cream instead of my usual sugar creamers.
  • ama3387
    ama3387 Posts: 242 Member
    Hey! 32 year old mom of 2 one is 13( almost 14) and other is 10. I just started in August I’m looking to lose about 60lbs at least to start!
  • ResaB902
    Looking forward to sharing our stories and progress ladies
  • ResaB902
    uw6vza18a302.jpeg
    So I tried these almond breeze yogurts for snack and so far so good. 190cal
  • Nukester88
    Nukester88 Posts: 7 Member
    I started an Instagram just for this journey, same name as here if anyone wants to follow each other for more motivation and accountability. Tonight’s dinner ygprx6gat624.jpeg
  • ResaB902
    Hope you ladies are doing great this week!!!!we got this. If you guys have any cool new tasty recipes please share😊
  • CB_89
    CB_89 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi. I am a 30 year old mom of two. 2.5 and 2.5 months. I worked hard to lose the 45 lbs I gained after my first baby and then I gained 35 of that back after my second. I still have 14 lbs to go to get back to me pre-pregnancy weight and another 20 to go after that to get back to what I was before I started my nursing career. Shift work is awful for good dietary choices.
    Currently 174 lbs and I would like to be back at 140 lbs and be healthier for my family.
  • Hi there! Mom of 2 here :) I have 2 boys, my oldest is 2.5 years, my youngest is 1. Almost 18 months appart exactly! I gained 35lbs with my first, managed to lose 10lbs, but then became pregnant with my second and gained 50lbs total for both pregnancies. So far I've lost most of it and am working on the pesky last 10lbs. Feel free to add me for support :)
  • Mom4diet
    Mom4diet Posts: 56 Member
    Add me!
    3 months postpartum, multipara here.
    I have about 30 lbs to lose.
    I had gotten back to my prepregnancy weight after my previous baby, 2.5 years old, so it's not a buildup. Trying to lose it again!
  • Krista_Knits52
    Krista_Knits52 Posts: 44 Member
    Add me too! I’m 35, mom of 3 (6 yo boy, 4 yo girl and 18 month old girl). I’ve lost about 60 lbs with 25-30 lbs to go. Feeling stuck the last couple of months and would love mommy friends to get my motivation and dedication back to where it needs to be!
  • QueenZeeIsm
    QueenZeeIsm Posts: 104 Member
    Please add me, ladies. 36, mom of 2, starting over again.
  • Ladies, I would love if you would add me! I'm a 34 yo mom to three wonderful little ones. My highest weight years ago (and my starting weight) was 354lbs. I managed to get down to 329.8lbs. Then, I lost my mom and realized if something happened to me my kids would be going through what I was. And my oldest especially, who has bad separation anxiety with me, wouldnt make it. So in may I started again. I've gone from 329.8 to 277.2. But I've still got a long ways and could use friends who motivate me and hopefully I can motivate them as well!
  • vholley60197
    vholley60197 Posts: 44 Member
    ADD ME! New mom here! My little one is 1. However i had preeclamsia and got super puffy and big right before I had her 2 months early! I was 180 then and 2 weeks pp I was down to 160. I am currently 148 and still wanting to lose about 15-18 more pounds. It is taking me so much longer this time I guess its harder after having a baby! But I want to lose at least 10lbs by the end of the year.
  • Rachelle1489
    Rachelle1489 Posts: 14 Member
    Anyone is welcome to add me! I'm a 30 year old mom of a 5 year old boy and definitely know my body isn't the same as it was before. Soon after having my son I started have spinal issues throughout my entire spine. Because of that some days I can barely move and sometimes for weeks I have to let myself heal and take things easy. For the past 5 years I've went through periods of eating right/working out and successfully losing weight only to have my back problems get in the way and slow me down. I tend to get discouraged and completely give up when it happens. My goal this time is to stay on track even when it eventually happens again. I have roughly 50lbs to lose!