Workout shorts!

Any suggestions for workout shorts (for walking or aerobics) that won't a.) ride up my thighs and b.) flash my goodies? Much appreciated! (: <3

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    Any suggestions for workout shorts (for walking or aerobics) that won't a.) ride up my thighs and b.) flash my goodies? Much appreciated! (: <3
    Go Target and Walmart. They have decent workout clothes that are inexpensive.
  • soknurdy
    soknurdy Posts: 74 Member
    They make running shorts that have netting in it. I find it to be useful so I don't flash the world my (cute) undies.
  • souperficial
    souperficial Posts: 122 Member
    I usually do the underarmour/shorts combo to keep my shorts from riding up.
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Go Target and Walmart. They have decent workout clothes that are inexpensive.

Exactly what I was going to say :) Some of the stuff is pretty cute too without killing the wallet.
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Under armour shorts are my favorite. They have shorties for running and some a little longer for everything else. They don't show sweat and have the built in undies! They are awsome!!
  • Missevanston
    Missevanston Posts: 361 Member
    Kohl's is another good choice. Happy hunting!
  • Shalimarmandy
    Shalimarmandy Posts: 409 Member
    To avoid the riding up part I switche to capris... I got a cheap pair at target!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    I switched to capri's too and love them. They are sports authority brand (Achieve) compression and they are so much better than shorts. I read about them in some magazine where some hot actress said she only wears capri's because then she doesn't have to worry about whats hanging out or jiggling.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    I wear Nike Combat Pro shorts from Academy, or Champion brand shorts from Target, they stay put! They're a bit like bicycle shorts, minus the muffin top and awful colors.
  • melibea
    melibea Posts: 228
    You can also find workout clothes of name brands at marshalls at very discounted prices! :) I've also seen nice workout clothes on the clearances racks at sears. My current favorite workout shorts I got then from JCP, they also have a wide variety at good prices. Check it out: http://jcp.is/pQuRYj
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    I also recently got a bunch of the tight stretchy short things for under my normal shorts. It would suck doing sit-ups or something similar and constantly having to pull my shorts down for fear of someone getting a glance of something they didn't want to see... nor did I want to show them. Ha, I wish everyone at the gym had the same courtesy.
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    I like skorts. Similar to what they wear on the tennis courts. I got mine at Target and Marshall's.
  • I love lululemon. They have tight shorts and running shorts with a built in underwear thing.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    I like skorts. Similar to what they wear on the tennis courts. I got mine at Target and Marshall's.
    That's practically all I see where I instruct. But, then again I work at a Tennis Club.
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    TJ maxx carries a few brands (the spandexy kind) that dont move when I run or do anything else for that matter. In general the parachute material type of running shorts always ride up and I hate them. The ones from TJ maxx I love....first time I have worn shorts to the gym in....forever!
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    I got some at Wal Mart that I like (and I wouldn't normally wear shorts). :happy:
  • Once I found a set of exercises on the net to keep fit at home. At first I tried to practice in the usual home clothes - knitted leggings and a T-shirt, it turned out to be uncomfortable. If you do stretching, leggings constantly had to be corrected, a T-shirt without chest support also greatly distracted from training.
    Then I thought about buying a form. I already talked about the top in one of the previous reviews (review). Today I will tell you about the shorts that I bought on the site - https://gym-expert.com/best-mens-workout-shorts/.
    They are completely tight, stretch well, the gum holds well, but does not press. During active exercises, jumps or squats, the shorts do not slip. The fabric is drawn to the body, not compression, the shorts are put on and removed without problems, but without the effect of supporting the muscles, that is, not for running. Shorts are great for stretching, made of very elastic fabric, do not constrain movements :)
    My recomendation!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Long compression shorts that come to lower thigh.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I like the tsla 17 in Capri leggings on Amazon. My favorite running shorts are Old Navy, but they are pretty short.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Athleta is my favorite for shorts.
    Also like Nike Golf skorts.

For me shorts are somewhat trickier than leggings/capris (which I just grab from TJ Maxx or almost anywhere) because they need to hit just right on my thighs to be comfy and flattering and stand up to exercise well.