Hello, I am Stacey

Hello everyone, my name is Stacey. I am 39 and I have been obese all of my life. I have tied many different ways to loss weight and I haven’t found anything that is affective long term. On the 23rd I will be going in for Bariatric surgery. I started my journey in June. I was 269 and I am only 4 foot 11. Yesterday I weighed in at 244. I am excited. I decided to down load this app as a tool to help me. I would love to find the support I am looking for as well as to be supportive to others. God bless

Replies

• bestrongbefit1
    bestrongbefit1 Posts: 68 Member
    Welcome to MFP! Congratulations on the weight loss! I know it's tough, but you got this!
  • aracely2224
    aracely2224 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Welcome! MFP has helped me achieve my goals with the calorie count. I’m cheering for you!

You can do it! 🌺
  • iseealot19
    iseealot19 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi ! I am also going in for the same surgery. I can't wait to get done! Cautiously Excited! Good luck my dear! By the sound of it , you've got the battle already half done ,the determination of wanting the weight off ! Good for you Stacey , you got this without a doubt ! :smiley:
  • NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    Welcome to MFP. Remember that surgery is only a tool. You still have to eat healthy, stay under the allotted calories, and keep track. Good luck! You got this!
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Welcome!
    Obviously you recognize that more than just surgery is needed hence you downloading the app. Good move and congrats on your success so far🤗
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    edited September 2019
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

Best wishes for a positive outcome with your surgery.

Buy a food scale. Weigh everything you eat and log into the food diary.

Good luck with your journey!