Zumba?

Options
Has anyone here taken Zumba classes? I've been thinking about it, but I'm unsure if I should go through with it or not. Is it a good workout? And how much are the classes, usually?

Replies

• DRJJ2004
    DRJJ2004 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Zumba is awesome!!! $$$ vary..anywhere between $5 - $10..probably depending where you live. You'd love it! Give it more than 1 try though. It takes a few times to pick up the moves. And it's a FABULOUS work out!
  • scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    In my area, I found two different churches that offer free classes to the community, so I have Zumba 3 days a week for whatever I can afford to donate (normally I put in $1 a class, but I'm currently unemployed, so). It is so much fun and just like any workout, what you put in, you'll get out. I work my tail off in class and typically burn 500+ calories in an hour.

Def. give it more than one class tho... it takes a bit to learn the steps. :smile:
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba!! I take classes twice a week.
  • NyxDominique
    NyxDominique Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    It is absolutely fun and amazing!

It may take a few classes for you to learn the moves so don't be discouraged the first time you go.
    If you keep going you will start dancing like a pro in no time.

It is seriously how I have lost my 10 pds ^.^
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    I have a video and love it! I like the video because I can do it in my own time, but the classes are so much fun too!

6143704.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mommy2b2
    mommy2b2 Posts: 43
    Options
    I go to classes at my gym 2-4 times a week. It is my favorite workout!
  • cnklapper
    cnklapper Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I started taking classes over a year ago and fell in love with it. I've never found a workout that is more enjoyable and burns so many calories (usually 800-1000 in an hour). Now I'm an instructor and teach several classes each week. I'm always encouraging people to forego the dvds and give the classes a try. They are much better and a lot more fun!

Go ahead and try it! You'll be glad you did!
  • hendershot07
    Options
    Definitely try ZUMBA!!! it is a great cardio workout and burns so many calories...I take it at the Y, and the classes are included in your membership.
  • kanonxbou47
    kanonxbou47 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Zumba's REALLY fun, and it's a great workout. I definitely recommend it.

I get my classes free with my YMCA membership.
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I can burn 450-550 calories in 50 min. of doing my Zumba DVD's at home. I've wanted to take a class but I know myself better than that and know I can just walk into the other room, do my workout and be done. I LOVE it...it's not like a workout at all. It's more fun & doesn't hurt anything! :o) You'll be sore in your core the first week but as you gain strength, you won't feel it anymore.
  • danizaga
    danizaga Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    i love zumba! but my suggestion is take a couple of different instructors and see which one you like better or gives you the better work out. too me awhile to find the instructor who works me hard.
  • DSummersCM
    Options
    I'm in my first zumba workout class right now and I love it! It is so much fun! We burn between 500 and 600 calories in a 60 minute class. The place I go to charges $6.50 per class, which I think is very reasonable, but I'm not really sure what other places charge.
  • kristlynngirl
    kristlynngirl Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba for Nintento Wii and love it!!! My gym unfortunately doesn't have Zumba classes and most places near me only have a class once a week if at all, so it works better for me. It's so much fun and totally kicks my butt.
  • angeleyes4643
    angeleyes4643 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba ! It's easy and so much fun. I've lost 32 lbs since Christmas doing Zumba. I started out once a week now I do about 4 or 5 classes a week.