Are these macros optimal for muscle gain and weight loss?

Options
I am getting back into eating healthy after being off fitness pal for about 2 weeks, im thinking of changing my macros due to me gaining 3 pounds back.
before i took the 2 week break i was going to the gym anywhere from 1-4 times a week. I focused mainly on weight training since i want to lose fat and gain muscle/tone. I am 19 weigh 144 approx and am 5'5.

This is what i have come up and will be starting it this week.
carbs 35% 157g
protein 35% 157g
fat 30% 60g

I am not used to eating healthy fats is there any good fats you guys recommend that isnt just found on pizza? as well as some really good carb options to improve bowel movement?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,293 Member
    Options
    For my taste, that's more protein than you really need, but it won't likely hurt you, if you like it. (I'm 5'5", target 100g, but individuals' situations vary, of course). 157g is higher than pretty much any recommended minimum amount I've seen for your height/weight, though.

Healthy fats: Nuts, seeds, avocadoes, olive oil . . .

Carbs: Fruits, veggies (esp beans/peas), whole grains; think about both soluble and insoluble fiber.

Bowel function: The fiber, perhaps expecially the insoluble; enough fats; adequate (not necessarily crazy-high) hydration; exercise, maybe especially exercise that moves the middle; check your magnesium intake for adequacy (don't rely on the MFP database for this). Sometimes people who have problems benefit from probiotic foods (yogurt, kefir, kombucha, miso, unpasteurized sauerkraut/kimchi/fermented pickles, etc.), but that's variable by individual.

If you don't currently get enough fiber, increase it gradually, not all in one big jump, for happiest results. Not everyone suffers if they do the big jump, but some experience digestive distress of one kind or another.