Looking for friends determined to lose 50+ lbs

Options
I don't have anything creative to write here. I'd tell you my whole story but it's way too long to type in here- so i'll make it short. I've been heavy all of my life. I've struggled with depression although now i have more good days than bad. I have a lower back injury that limited my mobility but that is in the past now (hopefully). So now, i am a stay at home mom for the time being and i'm looking to lose at least 50 lbs. If i don't, this back issue most likely will happen again (or so i'm told). I don't want to lose the weight just because of my back, though. I have a young daughter who i can't keep up with. I don't know if something "clicked" today or what but today is the day i start my journey. Feel free to add me- i can use the help. Thank you.

Replies

• Red15010
    Red15010 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on starting your journey!
  • SingleinOregon
    SingleinOregon Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    BELIEVE in yourself!!!
    I lost 50lbs., and have 25-30 to go!
    You CAN do it.
    And you ARE beautiful.
  • sirenofthesea620
    Options
    You can do this!!! I have a young daughter too that I struggle to keep up with. There's so much support here, so you've come to the right place. Added you! 🙂
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome!

Glad to hear that you've experienced more positive days than depressed ones. That's a good feeling. Feel free to add me as a friend for some support if you need it.
  • aracely2224
    aracely2224 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP has helped me achieve my goals with the calorie count. I’m cheering for you!

You can do it! 🌺
  • ProAvery
    ProAvery Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way! Do any of u like to Dance as cardio?? I want to keep up with my kids lately I've been feeling sluggish so I cut sugar.....not entirely tho I had Ice cream last night! Try Try Again!!!
  • HighPeak66
    HighPeak66 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Go for it girl.... love to support you on your journey
  • jakeworkman89
    jakeworkman89 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Idk how to add friends on this app, but feel free to add me. I have also recently decided that enough is enough. Aiming to get 100lbs off me and eventually start exercising
  • komik25
    komik25 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words and support!
  • KellieSN
    KellieSN Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have 57lbs to lose. I had a baby girl in June, and want to lose weight and get healthy ready for when she's running around and I got to keep up!! Want to set a good example for her with healthy eating as well. Sending a friend request x