how long does it take for period fluctuations to go back to normal?

got about 3-4 weeks i consistsbly lost a pound a week (i know that’s rare it’s probably bc i didn’t track my carbs but i’m not too worried about that) and then i got my period and then i went from 11 stone 6 to 11 stone 10 or 11 and it was really disheartening.

before if that happened i would of just gave up but it’s about to be day 50 and i accept that not everything will be perfect and ink have to do this for the rest of my life and to accept it and i know fluctuations are normal but they’re so annoying. maybe next month i won’t weight myself during that time

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    You're going to deal with this every month. You'll have to figure out how to best deal with it. If that means not weighing, then go that route.

I weigh every day. I accept that fluctuations and plateaus are a normal part of the process. By weighing and entering the results into a trending app, I'm able to see what my patterns are. It makes for less stress.

Good luck!
  • phx92
    phx92 Posts: 87 Member
    Someone on here had mentioned the Happy Scale app, I really like using it so far, you can use it to tack your weight and it gives you trends.

For me I think it’s usually 3-4 days after the last day of my cycle is when I am evened out weight wise
  • healingnurtrer
    healingnurtrer Posts: 217 Member
    If you track your weight daily long enough you may stop being bothered by the fluctuations... but I get it, I have gotten really discouraged seeing weight go up before. I'm trying to weigh daily now and use an app like happy scale, weight trend, etc. so over time hopefully I'll see the pattern and the trend and not let it discourage me. I think weighing daily can be helpful to make sure your calorie goal is correct but it does require patience, positivity and understanding the weight fluctuations are normal... hang in there! If it derails your progress it may be better to skip weighing during certain times!
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    trulyhealy wrote: »
    got about 3-4 weeks i consistsbly lost a pound a week (i know that’s rare it’s probably bc i didn’t track my carbs but i’m not too worried about that) and then i got my period and then i went from 11 stone 6 to 11 stone 10 or 11 and it was really disheartening.

before if that happened i would of just gave up but it’s about to be day 50 and i accept that not everything will be perfect and ink have to do this for the rest of my life and to accept it and i know fluctuations are normal but they’re so annoying. maybe next month i won’t weight myself during that time

Sounds like you already know something, but want to "feel" better about it. That's a choice. Being annoyed about fluctuations is like being annoyed that the weather changes.

You'll fluctuate, and have fluctuated your whole life, whether you are watching it or not.

I echo the "use a trending app" sentiment. I should help.
  • Mcwi3681
    Mcwi3681 Posts: 67 Member
    My loss had been plateauing every month from 2 days before my period until ovulation, then it all comes off in the following two weeks. It's super annoying.
  • sexynurse801ms
    sexynurse801ms Posts: 37 Member
    I gain around 3-4 pounds every month a couple of days before my cycle starts until it ends. Then the weight drops off the following week.
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    This will most likely always be the case for you. I instantly gain 3-4 pounds every period and the weight doesn't come off until a few days after my period is over. Dealing with that right now. My food and exercise were perfect this week...but nope, my scale is still not giving me that drop I'm anticipating. It will though. This is just something unpleasant we must deal with as women. It is frustrating though.