Upper back (bra area) hurts when I go walking???

Options
Any idea why this could be? Any advice to help reduce this? Help please

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    How is your posture when you walk? Even strides? You don't happen to be walking a dog or holding something in your hands, are you?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Are you large busted?
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Is this a recent development? Each one of my pregnancies started with similar pain...
  • Maribellz
    Maribellz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It does happen when i walk my dog. Definitely not prego and I’m not large busted.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    Maybe your dog needs to lose weight. B)

Do you do strength training - specifically rows and deadlifts?
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Maribellz wrote: »
    It does happen when i walk my dog. Definitely not prego and I’m not large busted.

Change leash hands often. You favor one side and stress the other when walking a dog.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Maribellz wrote: »
    Any idea why this could be? Any advice to help reduce this? Help please

Upper back aches are mostly caused by tension. Do you scrunch your shoulders either up or forward? Do you let your arms swing naturally or are you trying to pump them? Are you making a tight fist with your hands? If any of these apply, relax your upper body and let your legs do all the work. Does the ache go away after you are done walking or does it start after?

It could also be posture. Are you walking with a sway back? Are you bending over, looking at the ground? Work on standing tall with a straight but relaxed back.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others: watch your posture and make sure your shoulders and arms are relaxed. I carry things when I walk so I regularly remind myself to relax my hands. If not, I really feel it the next day.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Does your bra fit correctly and provide an appropriate level of support?
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Have you lost weight and need a new fitting for a different size bra? Or if related to the dog, posture as others have mentioned and perhaps a different style leash.
  • Maribellz
    Maribellz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’ll try what y’all said! Thanks!
  • MsOpus
    MsOpus Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    This is gonna sound really odd but.....get another dog.
    Putting two dogs on a coupler leash and they actually pull on each other that way and takes the stress off you. I notice a big difference when I walk my two together like that instead of one at a time. Often I can hardly tell they are there, but just walk one and I feel like I could lose an arm.