Struggling

Hey yall, so I’m 25 and have three babies (twin 8 year olds and an almost 5month old). I started this app only two days ago trying to lose weight/get in shape. I did really good the first two days. However, I already blew my daily intake. I just had this hungry feeling all day and just wouldn’t stop eating. Does anyone have any advice or coaching or something to help me stay strong and motivated for this. ? 🤦🏽‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

I log into my food diary a few days in advance. This keeps me from going over.

Buy a food scale. Weigh everything you eat and log into the food diary.

Good luck with your journey!
  • sexynurse801ms
    sexynurse801ms Posts: 37 Member
    Try upping your protein intake. I find that I'm able to stick to my calorie goal if I eat enough protein.
  • There is always a plethora of people in here willing to give advice and help coach which is so awesome about this community. I know what it's like feeling like you to take two steps forward and three steps backwards. I ballooned to over 150 kilos after leaving the military and some of that I gained while in as well. I honestly could not go on this journey in my own strength. I had an unhealthy relationship with food. I ate when I sad, lonely, happy, and all manner of occasions. It was my idol and joy in life. To put it more plainly, I had to stop worshipping food and my belly and start worshipping the one true God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. When I did that I also realised that I had deeper issues than just my knife and fork.

All that to say is I found more freedom and joy outside of myself that was not reliant on anything temporal or changing. I relied on an unchanging God who told me who I was and what I was made for. That changed the way I saw food and changed the way I see myself. It has not alway been easy still so do not get me wrong. I still have to put in the work and it is work for sure. The app helps with understanding the math of it all but it's not always correct especially if you go on a low carb/high fat diet. I'm one of those people who can eat and eat and eat and nothing really gives me that satisfied feeling until I'm completely stuffed and gross feeling.

I imagine running around after young kids you would have to keep your energy levels up and also there would be some emotional eating the same as me. "I'll just reward all my hard work with a snack" Five snacks later you regretting it and feeling miserable. "I'll just comfort myself with a sweet treat". That was my life. Then I cannot forget to add the "Well I blew it already today so I might as start again on Monday"... but it's only Tuesday LOL.

This has been longer than I expected but my advice after letting Jesus love you out of an unhealthy idol worship of food is to never give up. Each day, each meal, each opportunity to make a good healthy choice is money in the bank of your health. Do not stress about the failures and mistakes. Make that next decision your best decision. Be kind to yourself and know that you are loved beyond imagination. And God died for you to prove it. Much love and peace to you and your family.