How I got this way !!!

Options
It takes so long to get this weight off, it makes me wonder how I got this way, and didn't really notice while it was happening. Its like one day I was a size 3/4 and the next a size 18. Really, is this what I want for myself ? Hell NO !!! THis will be my major journey, I am done having my kids, and its now time for me. I call it " Self Care ".

Here's my goals for the next two weeks:

1 - take time for myself each night to do something I enjoy.

2- tell my kids NO more often and stop jumping to do their bidding 24/7

3- Weigh myself morning and night, the scale will help me keep accountable.

So here goes ladies, wish me luck. I am on the road to a full recovery !!! LOL

B101

Replies

• Starleng1
    Starleng1 Posts: 142
    Options
    1 & 2 are awesome goals. However, don't weigh yourself but once a week. The scale will fluctuate. So don't drive yourself crazy.
  • kelseyt17
    kelseyt17 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You should do all of this! But the weighing your self every morning and night... that won't go very well. You should pick a day once a week to weigh your self every morning as soon as you get up. Also, Welcome to MFP!
  • Saksgirl1
    Saksgirl1 Posts: 248
    Options
    Careful with #3... the scale is crap! Just sayin :)

Try measuring yourself or finding an old pair of jeans that are too tight... measure your progress by how well those fit! It will make a world of difference :)
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I agree, weighing every day is too depressing. One bad day can ruin your progress. good luck!
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone don't weight your self every day just once a week. But any ways congrats to you on your journey!! Also welcome to MFP!!
  • scj0409
    scj0409 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, I agree with the others that weighing in should be in the morning or once per week. I have found everyone really supportive on here - good luck on your journey. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    You should do WEIGH DAY WEDNESDAYS! Every Wednesday get on that scale whether you like it or not! And yes.....DO FOR YOU!!!
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Careful with #3... the scale is crap! Just sayin :)

Try measuring yourself or finding an old pair of jeans that are too tight... measure your progress by how well those fit! It will make a world of difference :)

I like that! Since I have started lifting along w/ Turbo Fire I haven't lost much weight BUT I am a lot more toned. I am more concerned about body fat than my weight! If I weigh what I weigh right now but I'm comfortable in my body, I'm good with that! :)
  • moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Just to put a conflicting view in. I like weighing myself several times a week. I don't care that some days it will go up, and some it goes down. I like seeing the overall pattern. I find it helps keep me mindful of what I put in my mouth. To each their own.
  • almille
    almille Posts: 89
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! Feel free to add me- this place is great for the support of friends.

My initial reaction is also to suggest fewer weigh-ins, but I understand the enthusiasm that comes with deciding to make a change. If you keep track of it a lot for a while you can learn what makes your weight fluctuate: water, sodium, stress, monthly cycles, and such. Just be careful to not let it get you down. A lot of us have hidden or thrown out our scales to keep us focused on feeling good and eating healthy instead of the ounces. There are a lot of times where you can be making progress without a change on the scale.

Good luck!
    Go ahead and read the 'newbie' threads about calorie/exercise recommendations too, MFP has a funky way of setting caloric goals thats different from a lot of other sites.
  • cowpoke06
    cowpoke06 Posts: 171
    Options
    You have SOOOOOOO got this :) It is funny how the weight seems to just creep on. Just remember, it crept on and it will creep off. Welcome :)
  • skinnyelgie
    Options
    Hey my friend! I agree with not weighting yourself twice a day. You will drive yourself crazy, But I can't do it only once a week or I'll cheat and I like to see results. So do that in the morning after you pee naked and go by that. Good Luck!! Keep posting!