Need motivation ๐Ÿ˜•

tdbrown0117
tdbrown0117 Posts: 1 Member
edited September 2019 in Motivation and Support
New here and see this may be my group. It's been hard staying on track this summer but want and need to kick myself into gear now. Got 30 lbs to go...I CAN AND WILL DO THIS!!! Any words to help?
Thx

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Just think how great you'll look in your holiday photos,
  • jdawgstone7
    jdawgstone7 Posts: 7 Member
    Visualize, visualize, and visualize some more.
    I used to weigh 250, I am 180 now over a course of a few years.
    Imagine your end goal. How do you look? How do you feel? What compliments are you getting?
    The deeper you go, the better it gets! Good Luck!
  • claudiagtz76
    claudiagtz76 Posts: 3 Member
    I just start today !! Iโ€™m here to support I would like to be you friend can you add me?
    Hope you have a great day๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿผ
  • RamblinMan521
    RamblinMan521 Posts: 38 Member
    Welcome to MFP! I just came back (again!) a couple weeks ago and doing pretty good so far. This time it's for real!

Motivation comes from within... find your 'why' and keep it out in front of you every day and you can get past the tough times.

Stay consistent and be persistent and you'll do great! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• JamieS74
    JamieS74 Posts: 26 Member
    I meed motivation as well!! I've been here for awhile but don't stay with the dieting and exercise!!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Motivation comes from within. Write down your reasons for wanting to make a change. Think hard about them and be specific. Write them out and post them where you can see them. Also, make a specific listing of your imposed rules and link them to your reasons. Sign it, pick a start date, and go. When you feel weak, refer to your document.

I point out that the main reason we use (wanting to "look better") is a weak motivator. You have to determine WHY you want to look better. It pays to think of other reasons, such as your health (lower your blood pressure, reduce cancer risk, etc.), energy level (e.g., more productive at work), and ability to do things you can't today (e.g., dance the Merengue). As we all know, controlling weight is hard, so your reasons for controlling your weight have to be strong.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,215 Member
    Habits + Structured Discipline > Motivation

Focus on the process, let results be your feedback to make any necessary changes.
  • d805
    d805 Posts: 103 Member
    You got this. You'll have your ups and downs on this journey. Just take it one day at a time. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • Itโ€™s more fun with someone to go along the journey with. Helps keep you accountable as well. Also donโ€™t ever give up. Donโ€™t focus on the failures just make as many good decisions as you can. Each meal and each day. You can do it!!!!!