TEAM PREP FORUM (SEPTEMBER)-CLOSED: CHISULO FLAB FIGHTERS

Options
Hello Ladies! I am thankful that you have decided to continue with me! This will be our PREP forum...we will introduce ourselves and get the rules of the challenges and discuss any suggestions for how we can get information reported and so on... Here is our team:

MsMonique0919 (Captain)
VeMaddox (Co-Captain)
EmSwanson
Ivygirl328
PrettyPrPro
Kapeluza
MoonChild
Arieltheincredible
IrisT9975
Fitmommy2012

If you are unable to continue on the team, please let me know. We will define, in this forum what our requirements will be for the month and then, by Wednesday, we will have a week one forum to start with. Again, thanks so much for allowing me to be your captain again!

Replies

• prettyprpro
    prettyprpro Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was in the August challenge from Flab to Fab. I am still continuing to fight the flab. I am here to motivate and I need motivation along the way. I admit, I fell off the wagon last week, but I am not going to allow that to stop me. I hope to lose a realistic 5 pounds this month. I really need help with knowing the right types of foods to eat. I know I have the exercise thing right, but if I can get this food thing right, I will be smooth sailing. Looking forward to losing the flab with you all again! :)
  • msmonique0919
    Options
    Thanks for checking in ladies! Most of what we are required to do is the same...such as:

1) Submitting your starting weight, taking your measurements and a picture and sending me a realistic goal as of September 1st. I do NOT need your measurements and picture. Those are encouragement tools, just in case the scale starts tripping!

2) Complete and report DAILY challenge information. You know my rule here. If you miss a day or two, I understand as long as you get around to posting it before the end of the week. I must see you post on the board at least four to five times per week.

3) Send your weight and weekly tribal (team) challenge information. This means that each week, you will send me our weight for that day...NOT The amount of pounds lost and if we have a team challenge, you will let me know what you have done toward that.

This is pretty much what I need from you. Just PLEASE check into the forum daily to stay on top of things, but if you miss a day here or there, I understand.

The scoring is as follows.

• 1 point for each pound lost per team member
    • 1 point for each team member who does their daily exercise challenge (1 point per member)
    • 1 point for the other weekly challenges (water intake, staying under calories etc.)

BONUS POINTS

~ Daily Exercise – If every team member logs the daily exercise as doing it for all 6 days
    Mon – Sat. You may award your TEAM an extra 5 points

~ Weekly Challenges – if every team member log the weekly challenge as doing it for all 6
    days Mon – Sat. You may award your TEAM an extra 5 points

If you have any questions, please let me know. You can post your starting weight on THIS forum or send it to me via inbox, but I do not want them until September 1st! Thanks again!
  • msmonique0919
    Options
    Alright ladies, one of our Flab Fighters need some food tips...let's help her out!
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I'm Emily and I'm also continuing from the August challenge of F2F - I've lost 10.7lbs so far in August and hope to lose 5 in September. If I stick to 5lbs per month, that will put me in onederland by Christmas!!! What a great present to myself that would be :) I loved the support from everyone in August and am excited for the September challenge. I vow to do a better job checking in on the forum *almost* daily!

I primarily swim as exercise and also love to do kickboxing and the elliptical. I haven't added in weights yet, but I plan to incorporate that into my schedule in a few months. The August challenges kicked my butt (in a good way) and helped mix up my exercise routine a bit.
  • msmonique0919
    Options
    My name is Monique and so far I am down 11lbs. I am the captain of the team, but I am a strong believer in working as part of the team and not a dictator, meaning that I try to do just waht I ask of you! M goal is 8 to 10 pounds...
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    food tips -

1. keep your "hot buttons" out of the house. if you have to get in the car to go get it, there's a chance you won't make it to the driveway, and if you do, you may turn around on your way there!

2. keep fresh fruit and veggies available - these are difficult for me to incorporate, but I find that if I go to the store every few days and spend my hard-earned money to buy them, I'm sure not going to watch them rot

3. work out in the morning - if I worked that hard to start my day, I am less likely to get off track during the day because I remember how tough the workout was!

4. make a food plan at the beginning of the week and post it on the fridge - then you go to the grocery store with a list in hand and don't buy anything extra!

5. skip the treats at work - I struggle BIG TIME with this, because I think "is one cupcake going to kill me?" - but they do add up. I'm trying to have a work treat once a week and if I've already had one for the week, no more!

I'm not sure if that's what you were looking for, but good luck!
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    Hey girls, I am not an official team member but will be cheer leading you all on this next months challenges...I'm Shannon and I have lost 7.4lbs in the August challenge...You can do this, you are all stronger than you think...believe you can do it, that is more than half the battle.

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got, and you'll always feel what you always felt"

"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing well. If it is worth having, it is worth waiting for. If it is worth attaining, it is worth fighting for. If it is worth experiencing, it is worth putting aside time for." Susan Jeffries
  • ivygirl328
    ivygirl328 Posts: 121
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Kim and also a member of Flab to Fab. I've lost almost 7 pounds so far for August. My primary exercise is the treadmill or EFX at the gym. I try and walk with my hubby, kids, dogs or all three when time permits. My goal for September is to lose another 7 pounds.

I found out at week three that the scale I was using was incorrect and I actually weighed more than I thought. That was a kick in the teeth! When I thought I was at 172, I was actually at 178. I was down to 171.2 on Friday. I'm hoping it's more on Wednesday morning.

Good luck everyone and I'm looking forward to September!
  • vemaddox
    vemaddox Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, Im happy to be in the group! You can call me ginny. I am the co- cap. I'll be posting mini challenges through out the week and lil tibits of stuff. I lost 4 pounds in august...august for me was just getting back on track...i hope to lose more this challenge
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Kirsty and I am continuing from the FTF August Challenge. I lost 5.3 pounds in August and went from 156 pounds to 150.7! So I am really happy about that (though embarassed that I have let myself get this bad....)

My goal for September is to lose another 5 pounds (at least) - that way if I continue to lose at least 5 pounds a month then by March of 2012 I will reach my goal of weighing 120!! (I am 5'3 by the way, so i am really short and can get away with weighing the little =] just wanted to let you all know that cause some people think that it is a really low goal, LOL).

I also want to work on logging in the forum and checking it more....I think that I am only logging in the forum about 3-4 times a week...though I was a LOT better at doing it at first...so I want to get better at doing that this next month too!! :bigsmile: I am super excited to see how far I come in the next month, I really am!! :happy: I am also excited to see how far everyone else on my team has come as well! You all seem like you have done EXCELLENT and I am proud of everyone!!

I also want to say a special thanks to Monique our awesome team captain! She has done an amazing job leading us this past month and I am so thrilled to be on her team again this next month! She has been a great inspiration and encouragement and has done a lot to help our team out! :heart: Thanks again!
  • msmonique0919
    Options
    Thank you so much! August was my first go at Captain! And to think that I only became a captain because another team was full! LMBO I am glad that I did because I have started such great relationships with you ladies! We all have different struggles, but I am here for you...so do not hesitate to inbox me. Throughout this four week process, each of us have had at least one BLAH week, where we would not have objected to tossing the scale out of the window, if we did not have to pay for the window or the person that it hit! LMBO Anyway, just know that while I love to win, the most important goal here is our progression and achievement of OPTIMAL HEALTH, not just in terms of the absence of sickness, but also in terms of VITALITY! LET"S DO IT LADIES...WE CAN DO IT...WE WILL DO IT...CONSIDER IT DONE! We've had a practice round (August)...now September is the REAL CHALLENGE and it also happens to by my birthday month, so we MUST SHOW OUT!
    Hi everyone! My name is Kirsty and I am continuing from the FTF August Challenge. I lost 5.3 pounds in August and went from 156 pounds to 150.7! So I am really happy about that (though embarassed that I have let myself get this bad....)

My goal for September is to lose another 5 pounds (at least) - that way if I continue to lose at least 5 pounds a month then by March of 2012 I will reach my goal of weighing 120!! (I am 5'3 by the way, so i am really short and can get away with weighing the little =] just wanted to let you all know that cause some people think that it is a really low goal, LOL).

I also want to work on logging in the forum and checking it more....I think that I am only logging in the forum about 3-4 times a week...though I was a LOT better at doing it at first...so I want to get better at doing that this next month too!! :bigsmile: I am super excited to see how far I come in the next month, I really am!! :happy: I am also excited to see how far everyone else on my team has come as well! You all seem like you have done EXCELLENT and I am proud of everyone!!

I also want to say a special thanks to Monique our awesome team captain! She has done an amazing job leading us this past month and I am so thrilled to be on her team again this next month! She has been a great inspiration and encouragement and has done a lot to help our team out! :heart: Thanks again!
  • msmonique0919
    Options
    Thank you so much! August was my first go at Captain! And to think that I only became a captain because another team was full! LMBO I am glad that I did because I have started such great relationships with you ladies! We all have different struggles, but I am here for you...so do not hesitate to inbox me. Throughout this four week process, each of us have had at least one BLAH week, where we would not have objected to tossing the scale out of the window, if we did not have to pay for the window or the person that it hit! LMBO Anyway, just know that while I love to win, the most important goal here is our progression and achievement of OPTIMAL HEALTH, not just in terms of the absence of sickness, but also in terms of VITALITY! LET"S DO IT LADIES...WE CAN DO IT...WE WILL DO IT...CONSIDER IT DONE! We've had a practice round (August)...now September is the REAL CHALLENGE and it also happens to by my birthday month, so we MUST SHOW OUT!

• arieltheincredible
    arieltheincredible Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone my name is Ariel :) this is my first time in this type of challenge and i am very excited to start. I fell off the wagon this weekend and gained some weight :( I am back at 235 !!!! And I am kicking *kitten* in the gym this week though :) let's motivate each other and get this challenge rolling :)
  • msmonique0919
    Options
    I will be posting challenge information as soon as I get it! Welcome Toya (Pretty), Emily (Em), Kim (Ivygirl), Ginny (Maddox), Kirsty (Fitmom) and Ariel (uh, Ariel! LOL)...I am sure that Iris, Moonchild and KAP will be here logging in soon. Kap will also be creating us another SPLENDORIFIC siggy...so thanks to her!

For those of you who KICKED the crap out of August with me, as you prepare the requested information (goals, etc.), think of what you plan to do differently in September. For instance, I plan to embrace morning workouts (ARGH) and log on Sundays (I was taking breaks on those days). I also plan to eat heavier breakfasts (even if they end up being dinners from the previous night) and lighter dinners (meat and veggies). I also want to watch my carbs for six days, but on the seventh, give myself a treat! What about you??? You do not have to answer here, but I want you to improve as much as possible!

Much Love,

Cap (Monique)
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Hi girls!

I will make the signature tonight for you guys to see tomorrow and tell me what you think!

My name is Julie :)! Happy to be on the team :)
  • IRIST9975
    IRIST9975 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone my name is Iris and I am continuing on from F2F August challenge. I have lost 16 pounds so far for the month of August. I had a 10 pound goal and I am very happy to have lost more. I have been blessed to be part of such a great team and I look forward to getting to know all my new teammates as well. We have a great captain, she has motivated me and kept me on my toes along with the other fabulous ladies on the team. Lets go CFF!!!! September is talking crap and its time to open a can of whoop *kitten*!!!
  • prettyprpro
    prettyprpro Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Okay, I am ready to rumble...and thanks for the food tips! I am going to print it out now!
  • MoonChild_69
    MoonChild_69 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! My name is Cristie and I have had a blast witht he August challenge. Looking forward to the next one.
    As of my last weigh-in on Sunday, I've lost 7 lbs this month. That's huge! I just started back to work today and am eating very healthily and enjoying my new energy. My current struggle is planning out reasonable workout time. I have to be to school every morning by 6:45 and leave around 3:30 or so. Most of the time I do my team challenges first so that I will not let you down and then try to squeeze in my own workout and cardio. I am still tired but will get used to the routine and back on top of it as September rolls in.

Nice to meet you all. :smile:

Monique is da bomb as our leader!!! Thank you!
  • msmonique0919
    Options
    Ladies...thank you all for logging in! This was the prep forum...I will post a new forum to start each week. Because September 1st starts on a Thursday, that is the Day One of our Challenge. Feel free to implement a rest day when you need to...just let me know when you are taking it. This will be the end of this prep forum...and we are on to week one! Challenges will be posted so look for the new forum.

Here is our team:

MsMonique0919 (Captain) - Monique
    VeMaddox (Co-Captain) -Ginny
    EmSwanson - Emily
    Ivygirl328 - Kim
    PrettyPrPro - Toya
    Kapeluza - Julie
    MoonChild - Cristie
    Arieltheincredible - Ariel
    IrisT9975 -Iris
    Fitmommy2012- Kirsty

We are the Chisulo Flab Fighters...WE CAN DO IT...WE WILL DO IT...CONSIDER IT DONE!