Prescribed Diet Pills

Has or is anyone been prescribed diet pills/weight loss pills by your doctor? What did you find was pros and cons?
I am about 1.5 weeks on mine and I am feeling pretty great. The thing is though I hardly eat and when I do I can barely eat and most food tastes gross. I drink a lot of water (nearly 100 oz a day) and that's the only things that tastes good.

Replies

• buster2485
    buster2485 Posts: 9 Member
    Only a temporary fix. Trust me, I've been there!
  • kbrown0401
    kbrown0401 Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks for all your reponses!! Afterwards (not on the meds) I know I have to make lifestyle changes. Not just what I eat and exercising but my mind too. It is alot with my attitude and learning to say no to food that isn't good for me. I see/feel the cons and I rather more pros (without meds).

• steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,214 Member
    kbrown0401 wrote: »
    Thanks for all your reponses!! Afterwards (not on the meds) I know I have to make lifestyle changes. Not just what I eat and exercising but my mind too. It is alot with my attitude and learning to say no to food that isn't good for me. I see/feel the cons and I rather more pros (without meds).

Don't discount the possibility of learning and making lifestyle changes during a drug-free weight loss process. It may be slower and take more time/effort to refine your process but many find sustainability and long-term success through slower weight loss than often promised by named diets, industry stars, and social media influencers.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    edited September 2019
    In order to make the way you look at food and nutrition a true lifestyle change, the insight and revisions you need to make need to be organic.

My fear for you is that you'll be taken off the med and gain back not only the initial weight but additional weight as well.

You're already not eating a healthy amount of calories. Is the medication supposed to turn you off of all foods?

I'd be having an in depth conversation with my doctor, if I were you.

Please take care. 💟