Running

Options
I have been working my @$$ off all summer to be in shape, and i can finally run a good distance at a good speed without

stopping! Can you say NSV?!!!!I find that when you work out with friends you push yourself harder so you dont look weak or out of

shape. I went running with my friend this week and i pushed myself to run the whole distance without even slowing down! :)

Any other running success stories???

Replies

• zookeeperjess
    Options
    What does NSV mean? And go you! I was not a runner at 4 months ago and now I can run 2 miles under 20 minutes. I'm very excited!
  • Eleisabelle
    Options
    NSV is non-scale victory.

I ran 6 miles yesterday, after having been away from that distance for a while. My injured shoulder is sore today, but it was so worth it to get out there and not give up!
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    I'm a T1 diabetic. Running for me means balancing my food, level of exercise and amount of insulin pumping in. Last March, I was happy if I could make it around the track once. Now I can run up to 10 miles non-stop, if I want. But actually I'm focusing on increasing my speed on 5K's..

Congrats!
  • marnijojo
    marnijojo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Great job! I took up running in order to lose weight more quickly...walking just wasn't cutting it for me. That was about a year ago and I would run a few minutes, walk a few for a total of 30 minutes. This weekend I ran 7 miles and felt great...think I could have gone further, but really didn't have the time. Shooting for 8 next week (and I will MAKE the time)!!! :happy:
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your running increases y'all. I walk a lot (45 miles last week, though that's not typical for me), but I'm barely starting to do C25k. I've lost enough weight that it doesn't hurt everywhere after running 10 feet, but it's still intimidating. Your stories are very encouraging.
  • ddiestler
    ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I've just started running. I am able to walk some and run some. I'm hoping with time I can run a lot more. This weekend
    I did a combo of walk/run and was able to do 2.47 miles in 35 minutes. I know time isn't the best, but 6 months ago I could barely walk up the stairs.

I committed to doing a 5k October 22nd so that is keeping me motivated.

Do you guys have "rest days" or do a lesser impact aerobic on days you don't run..Just curious.. as my legs are really sore the next day..LOL
  • lissylou48
    Options
    I LOVE running... I started a few months ago...couldnt run for 1 minute straight. Now I am running about 2.5 miles in 30 minutes. I am still pushing myself to make my time better. I have signed up for a 5K in October. Right now I cant run for a couple weeks, due to tendinitis in my left calf :(...I will be back soon!! Thats amazing how great you have done!! Be proud of yourself!!:happy:
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I just completed week 7 day 1 of the C25K running program and finished 3.12 miles at a minute sooner pace than I had anticipated. I have never run that distance in my life, not even when I was in the military. 7 weeks ago I was dreading the 90 second run sessions. I am beginning to grow a deep, organic love for running! It's awesome. I'll continue to improve my time on the 5k, then start training for 10k. Keep up the fantastic work everyone!
  • KatScarberry
    KatScarberry Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I started running by accident. I walked during my lunch hour with a gal who is a VERY fast walker - I couldn't keep up (short legs!), so I started very lightly jogging along side her. After a couple of months she couldn't walk with me for a few days, so I decided I was going to run one mile and see what happened. Then one mile became two, two became three, and I'm happy to say that on September 17 I'm running my first 10K!!! I absolutely love running!!! I also want to start working on my time on 5K's.

Best of luck to you!!!

:wink:
  • bookworm_1213
    bookworm_1213 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Still working on the C25K, on W7 for about the 3rd week. Only actually ran the whole thing once so far. I've come from can't run for 60 seconds, spraining my ankle bad, waiting 3 weeks, starting the program again, and up to 13 mins miles (that was a great feeling when I actually ran a mile) and comfortably running 15 mins. I hope to run a 5K in November, so I need to pick up my pace. The 9 week program of C25K has taken me 15 weeks but I am improving weekly :)
  • honu18
    honu18 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I went from being able to run about 1/4 of a mile comfortably (mid-June), to now running about 3.5 in about 33 minutes. I do this about 5x a week. Probably could do more, but I find myself a bit short on time sometimes. It's incredible how fast you can do it if you work at i!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!