Diet Myth #4: Avoid carbohydrates to lose weight

Options
2»

Replies

• FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    jayb0ne: Check out this thread for some great tips on muscle building and macros:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/276660-i-do-dvds-so-i-don-t-need-to-strength-train
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    jayb0ne: Check out this thread for some great tips on muscle building and macros:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/276660-i-do-dvds-so-i-don-t-need-to-strength-train

Thanks! That's a great thread full of some top advice. :)
  • lilsdmali
    lilsdmali Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a type 2 non-insulin or medication dependent diabetic, and trying to keep it that way. I understand that your body needs carbs, but when I eat them, I feel terrible and get EXTREMELY tired. Especially if I eat pasta or bread. Can someone give me some advice about this? :) Thanks
  • TK421NotAtPost
    TK421NotAtPost Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I am a type 2 non-insulin or medication dependent diabetic, and trying to keep it that way. I understand that your body needs carbs, but when I eat them, I feel terrible and get EXTREMELY tired. Especially if I eat pasta or bread. Can someone give me some advice about this? :) Thanks

You know the story about the guy who went to see the doctor and said, "Hey Doc, it hurts when I do this" to which the doctor responded, "Well, then don't do that"? :smile:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

I have PCOS and insulin resistant. I may have one or 2 servings of whole-grain bread a day but other than that, my carbs are coming from veggies and fruit.

My son's birthday was this Sunday and the one slice of cake I ate made me feel like death: stomach ache, headache, tired....
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options

You know the story about the guy who went to see the doctor and said, "Hey Doc, it hurts when I do this" to which the doctor responded, "Well, then don't do that"? :smile:

The doctor actually did tell my dad that once. lol
  • LaJauna
    LaJauna Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I agree. Carbs are essential in muscle development.

Carbs are NOT essential in muscle development...protein is. You need more protein to build muscle. You can live quite happily with carbs from plant material alone. All form of processed carbage are man-made frankenfoods and should be avoided like the plague.
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options

Carbs are NOT essential in muscle development...protein is. You need more protein to build muscle. You can live quite happily with carbs from plant material alone. All form of processed carbage are man-made frankenfoods and should be avoided like the plague.

Eat only protein and no carbs and see where that gets you with your muscle gain.
  • kittrelle
    Options

Eat only protein and no carbs and see where that gets you with your muscle gain.
    I don't think that's what she said. I think she said, "with carbs from plant material alone"...which sounds good to me.
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Great post! I thought this was true for a long time and realized without carbs I dont have the energy necessary to get thru my workouts. I eat sweet potatoes at lunch and salads full of veggies, a fruit with breakfast and a carb with dinner and I have continued to lose. I generally do not eat the white stuff....just real foods. :-)