Starting a diet because my wife left me

Just kidding, I'm not some emo sap. My wife took the children and herself on vacation for a few weeks and I stayed home for a vacation of my own. 😁

With all this free time and no distractions, what better time to start a diet?

Goal is 20lbs. Bicycling and jogging 10 miles a day + weights. IF to help with calorie control but no fancy pants low carb diets.

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

Good luck with your journey!
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited August 2019
    Oh she says she'll be back in a few weeks...
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,292 Member
    20 lbs total goal, or just the few weeks she is gone away? The reason I asked, depending on how much you have to lose you should only aim for 0.5 to 2 lbs/week. If 20 it's your total goal, 1 lb/week should be the aim until the last 10, then change to 0.5/week.
  • Butt_Snorkeler
    Butt_Snorkeler Posts: 167 Member
    erickirb wrote: »
    20 lbs total goal, or just the few weeks she is gone away? The reason I asked, depending on how much you have to lose you should only aim for 0.5 to 2 lbs/week. If 20 it's your total goal, 1 lb/week should be the aim until the last 10, then change to 0.5/week.

Just total goal. No set time limit. Just as long as progress is made, I don't care how fast. Just easiest to start and get in the swing when I have weeks of no distractions 😁
  • LyndaBSS
    accavallo wrote: »
    I remember when my first wife took a “vacation”.

Is she still on it? 😂
  • LyndaBSS
    @O_shiri_shunokeru

Well, how did the plan work out? Did you lose the weight?
  • blondeandfeistyAF13
    blondeandfeistyAF13 Posts: 1,587 Member

@accavallo this seriously made me laugh out loud!!
  • JMHoran86
    JMHoran86 Posts: 8 Member

@accavallo this seriously made me laugh out loud!!

Also, literally LOL'd 😂
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    I went on a vaca with just the kids last year, and my OH decided that was a great time to gain since he didn't have to share his ice cream!!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    @O_shiri_shunokeru

Are they home?
    How was your vacation?
    Theirs?
    How did you do?
  • Sarah_k85
    Sarah_k85 Posts: 8 Member
    The suspense is killing me!
  • Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member
    erickirb wrote: »

@erickirb I’m just wondering why you suggested he go down to 0.5lbs. for the last 10? Just curious and I want to see if I should try doing that when I get there.
  • Butt_Snorkeler
    Butt_Snorkeler Posts: 167 Member
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    @O_shiri_shunokeru

Well, how did the plan work out? Did you lose the weight?
    @O_shiri_shunokeru

Are they home?
    How was your vacation?
    Theirs?
    How did you do?

Welp, they brought me home 3 suitcases of snacks from Thailand and Japan and are eating them all in front of me. So theres that 😑

10lbs lost in the first 3 weeks while just dieting and not exercising. Then I introduced weights and cardio, and my weight hasnt budged for the past 2 weeks.

The damnest thing. Work smarter not harder I guess 😂. But all my hobbies will be keeping me active (mtb, road cycling, surfing and snowboarding) while I continue to train. So Ill just ignore the scale and stick to looking in the mirror for results. Maybe Ill step on the scale once a month 🤷‍♂️