S-IF:4/20

Options
Hey guys, I've developed a new Way of Eating that I'm calling Staggered-Intermittent Fasting 4/20.

How it works: You only eat for 4 hours out of the day. But these don't have to be consecutive (hence the staggered part). The way I'm doing it, I give myself an hour in the morning, then an hour mid-day, then an hour in the early evening. The fourth hour is a 'floater'. You might even break it up into smaller increments and stagger it throughout your day. Alternatively, you could forego the 4th hour, which would be S-IF:4/20-1.

The problem I have with the IF programs with the huge eating windows is I get so much intestinal infetterence. S-IF:4/20 solves that problem.

I'm working on a cookbook right now based around the idea of S-IF:4/20 (and a companion for S-IF:4/20-1). It will be full of recipes perfect for discrete eating windows spread evenly through the day.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,985 Member
    Options
    Not sure if serious...

If so, good luck with your "cookbook."
  • zamphir66
    zamphir66 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Ha, cute! You came up with a "name" for eating 3-4 meals a day and not snacking. Clever.

Shhhhh ... (Now that it has a name, I can sell it for real money.)

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    :smile: The trend is really hitting it's stride right about now, so I say go for it. Just get a friend to pass a 3 month online nutrition program and they can give you a testimonial blurb for your book.

I kind of eat right now in 6 half-hour blocks, so I don't think 6(0.5)/48 is catchy enough. But I could say I do S-IF anyway, which makes your plan flexible. It would also allow me to ride on your coattails with a newer, fresher S-IF plan once the trend starts fading out.

If you are willing to pose at a picnic table in front of a forest with a fruit bowl and a glass jug of milk, I would consider being your agent.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    zamphir66 wrote: »
    Ha, cute! You came up with a "name" for eating 3-4 meals a day and not snacking. Clever.

Shhhhh ... (Now that it has a name, I can sell it for real money.)

Genius.
  • kiddycat73
    kiddycat73 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I see what you did there 😂
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,922 Member
    Options
    I am so using this on the next "Does anyone IF" thread...