How many Cals are we talking?! YIKES!

Options
What is/was your "Oh my gosh that has how many calories?" moment? Those foods that we love to eat that kill a diet. I can't believe some of the foods I'd eat large amounts of without thinking about the calorie intake.

Woah, potatoe salad and I have a love hate relationship going on...

Replies

• KJslp
    KJslp Posts: 4
    Options
    any take out burger is a Yikes !!!
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    My oh my gosh moment was cole slaw and fruit juice. Couldn't believe it and I love both.
  • cmlewis86
    cmlewis86 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Spinach and avacodo dip at applebees. A half of a skillet has over 700 calories!!!
  • Ireshgurl
    Ireshgurl Posts: 559
    Options
    DQ Blizzard, as of tonight. *sigh* Sadness. A medium M&M is 800 freaking calories!!!!!!! That's more than half my daily intake if i don't excersise. After tonight i don't think i'll be having them anymore..... I'll just learn to make my own!!!!
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    sonic blasts...man they are like a whole days worth of calories!!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake Factory, BJ's pizookie, Five Guys, Chicken salad sandwich, mac and cheese, pizza, AHHH!

Oh...and "healthy" SALADS
  • AllisonMarisa
    AllisonMarisa Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    when i actually looked at how many portion sizes/calories of pasta I was eating. Oh and Carls Jr. meals. Ouch!
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Starbucks, Hershey bars, cheese....
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Double post...
  • jmikels67
    jmikels67 Posts: 116
    Options
    Mini - mind you I said MINI Blizzard (French Silk Pie) at Dairy Queen - 400 Calories!
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    A friggin breakfast sandwich at Jack in the Box saturday morning! Sausage, egg and cheese biscuit was 565 calories! For something that was the size of my palm! oofda. Learned my lesson, checking facts on EVERYTHING before I eat now. My android smartphone is earning it's keep.
  • SnuggieMeeko
    SnuggieMeeko Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Its scary - sometimes I wonder if high calorie foods are thinking, "You ate us! You get our payback (evil laugh)"
  • cervenec
    cervenec Posts: 64
    Options
    Almost everything I used to eat! My diet's completely changed since I've started paying attention to calories because I couldn't believe just how many I was normally consuming. (no more reward cinnabon's ;^; )
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Fruit juice is actually what got me started on my lifestyle change. I love to drink. I would drink 3-4 tall glasses of grape juice or grapefruit juice or orange juice or whatever a day. Easy 1000-1200 calories right there and a solid 300g of sugar to boot. Cutting it all out (plus soda) and just drinking water had me losing 1lb a week with no other work. Definitely eye opening when you grow up believing that fruit juice is good for you.
  • klewis81
    klewis81 Posts: 122
    Options
    Portion sizes for rice and pasta, yikes! That was eye opening. Also, restaurant food is just LOADED with fat, sodium and calories. A meal at olive garden could be an entire days worth of calories.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I've been craving 2 minute noodles all week. I have always eaten two packs at a time. ONE packet is at least 300 calories!

My craving is suddenly gone.......
  • MikeBBerger
    Options
    DQ Blizzard, as of tonight. *sigh* Sadness. A medium M&M is 800 freaking calories!!!!!!! That's more than half my daily intake if i don't excersise. After tonight i don't think i'll be having them anymore..... I'll just learn to make my own!!!!

This is pretty much the reason my weight is where it is at. I was (am?) a reece's cup blizzard guy - medium, sometimes large, probably as often as every other week (sometimes weekly). That and pizza night (also weekly, or more) - meaning eating approx a medium pizza (from places like Pizza hut. - my TDEE in just the pizza). Aside from that I ate relatively healthy, but those few thousand calories of crap a week add up fast.

I'm still letting myself have a small (or mini) blizzard once every month or so (provided I 'earn' it), same with a few slices of pizza here and there. Easy enough to fit those calories in. Moderation is key.
  • xcirce
    xcirce Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The flipping cheese quesadilla at Applebee's. Such a simple little dish but DAMN what a killer.
  • whatwentwrong
    Options
    i was starving last week, and i remembered when i was on a low-carb diet as a kid my parents used to get double western bacon cheeseburgers, and remove the bread/onion rings. so i did that (but got it without bbq sauce, since i now know it's filled with sugar), and ate just the meat and cheese.

when i went to enter it in my food journal, i had to work out the calories for just the parts i ate, and i found out one of those sandwiches is 1000 calories. i used to get one of those with a large onion rings and root beer, dear lord o_o
  • lbgano
    lbgano Posts: 234
    Options
    Nuts! Almonds, cashews, etc. My (former) go to high protein good for you snack - yeah, great for you if you only eat like 5 of them!