Any therapist on here

Options
I need help! Yesterday I had another out of control days, even though I was skint I went to shop and spent 16 euros (I live in france) on crap including 2 packs of Hagan das lollies, 3 in a pack, i ate 5 during the day and in the evening although i felt uncomfortable and sick i still had to eat the last one. Why ! Its getting worse if i open a pack of anything i have to eat the lot ! Dont say just dont buy it ! When a craving starts its like another person takes over, same with cigs I don't smoke for months then I get craving buy a pack and then smoke the whole pack in a day. Help please, thank you

Replies

• saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Not a therapist. Binge eater here too. I'm reading a book that i find helpful called "The Binge Code" by Alison C Kerr.

I do understand the struggle!
  • bendeka
    bendeka Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have been seeing a therapist and some things that have helped me are-
    Journaling
    Breathing exercises
    Meditation...
    Like mph323 said though, seeing a IRL therapist really helps. There is generally a reason for bingeing that needs to be faced. Mine is mostly a self love issue..
  • unstableunicorn
    unstableunicorn Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    You need to talk to a therapist in a proper theraputic environment. What you’re describing sounds exactly like what I do when my anxiety and depressive spells get out of control. Compulsive shopping and eating are symptoms of greater problems.

Adding some reading/listening material to saraonly9913’s suggestion: The Mindful Day by Laurie J Cameron. While not about food, it offers insight and helpful suggestions for dealing with stressors that may be leading to the binge spells. Book or audiobook is fine.
  • painternow
    painternow Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm curious, what is IRL therapy? I'm looking it up, and can't find the answer. Thanks
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    painternow wrote: »
    I'm curious, what is IRL therapy? I'm looking it up, and can't find the answer. Thanks

IRL = in real life. Talking to an actual human in person, rather than on a message board.
  • Clairin
    Clairin Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm a therapist but this isn't the place to get that kind of support. It is a good place however to share your experiences and learn what is possible from others. There are positive supportive people here. Cravings as you speak of could even perhaps have a medical cause. Only a blood test will determine if you are craving due to a physical lacking in a certain nutrient. Control of compulsive behaviour can greatly be helped especially with cognitive behavioural therapy. Get the support you need.